Tuesday, March 10

Inspirational Card Sketch #7

It's only Tuesday seems such a long week already, do you ever feel that? LOL and time for Inspirational Card Sketches it's now our sixth week so head over for sketch challenge #7!


This is a Fabby sketch by the wonderful Dawn, and it was great working with the layout I just went a little o.t.t LOL! These K&Co papers I have been eyeing up and treated myself to some!

Now the chandelier image has so much going on with it, first I stamped in black on the yellow side of the paper. Then I used distress embossing ink straight on top and distress embossing powder on that. I followed the instructions with heat tool and rubbing etc... I needed some sparkle so added a few gems to the bottom layer of crystals and the centre chain I used larger adhesives gems. I then went over the individual chains and links with my glitter glue. I really sparkles IRL!!! I cut with nestabilities and inked the edges while the die was still in place.

The base paper I have edged with a little acrylic paint. The next shape I have aged with distressed edges and some inking. I die cut the gorgeous glitter paper. The cluster of flowers I had in my stash from a kit I think they may be Prima and added stunning Prima gems to the centres of two and made my own for the third! Click Images to get a close look!








Materials:
Paper: K&Co - Cut N paste, Core'dinations - Balck Magic, glitter paper,
Stamps: Inkadinkadoo - Chandeliers, Anna Griffin - sentiment,
Die's: Sizzix - decorative accent, Nestabilities squares,
Ink: Versafine - black, Distress - embossing pad, distress inks,
Other: Distress EP - worn lipstick, 3D foam, Prima - say it in crystals, adhesive bling, PM brad, stickles glitter glue.

Hope you will join in this week and make a card using the wonderful sketch. Remember you can turn, flip or do anything you like with the sketch. And it's even easier to show us your wonderful creations using Mr. Linky!!! Thanks for stopping by and am really looking forward to your creations!

Happy HuGs Kim x

11 comments:

Dawn♥ said...

Oh Kim it's absolutely beautiful! Love the distressed edges and the stamping and oh heck everything is amazing! Awesome job using the sketch! :)

♥Dawn♥

Jane Wetzel said...

OKAY...This is totally awesome!!! I love everything about it!

Dawn said...

Gosh Kim this is a work of art - stunning layering and papers - it's beautiful - Siigh!!!

Dawn
x

Macpurp said...

this card is really really beautiful! i love everything that is going on in it.
am hoping to get some challenges done this week.

love tina xx

Jennifer said...

Stunning, just stunning! I love every detail of this card, especially that glitzy chandy.

Dawn said...

Hi Kim

Have an award for you on my blog!

Back Again!!
Dawn

~amy~ said...

Good Grief...I ♥♥♥ this!!! I'm a huge fan of chandeliers...

Chris said...

Absolutely beautiful Kim! Such a clever idea to use the sentiments as stems and cutting the frill, I love the effect. The flowers and butterfly are really beautiful. Hugs, Chris x

Kelly Schelske said...

Absolutley gorgeous Kim!!

Tricia said...

cool card. I love the little paper curly things on the edges and those flowers are neato! That stamp is cool!

Marcea said...

stunning card
-x-

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites