Saturday, March 21

BasicGrey Challenge #27

It's Saturday and time for another Basic Grey Challenge! and for this weeks challenge we would like to see some texture on your creations, texture can be achieved is so many ways, but to name a few to give you some ideas, how about heat embossing, dry embossing, flock, felt, glitter, glossy accents, the list could go on


Well, I haven't posted for a little while, just sooo busy right now...
Here's my creation for the BG challenges and I have added LOTS of texture....
The back I have ripped all edges. The dry embossing on the green I have highlighted with a smidgen of acrylic paint and embellished with some gorgeous lace.
The flower layer is... felt, paper, chipboard, glittered brad (reminds me of jelly tot) I created it by covering BG brad with glossy accents and dunking into pot of glitter. Then left to dry! I have placed the flower onto chipboard decorative accent!
The bird has to be my favourite bit, I have die cut it with double sided adhesive sheet on top of the decorative paper and rubbed fun flock all over. It's better IRL, it feels so velvety and lovely!
Now the sentiment I've really banjaxed... I wanted it flocked and it messed up the words so I rubbed it off but some of the flocked stayed and so I then decided that it's actually a texture so I kept it. I've cut with my nestabilities. I could call it a happy accident and I bet no one would have noticed with all the other fancy stuff going on, LOL!!! Butterfly has been embellished with glitter on the wings




Click Images for close up

Materials:
Paper: BG - Urban prairie, chipboard,
Stamps: Kim Hughes: Forest Friendzy,
Die's: Sizzix - Daisies, flower layers, decorative accent, Bird, Cutb'g - Butterfly, Nestabilities - rectangles,
Ink: Stamp'n'stick, Acrylic Dabber - snow cap, sakura - stardust pen
Other: Double sided adhesive sheet, Fun flock, felt, lace, glossy accents, fine glitter, Big Bite, 3D foam, glue dot, bling.

I had a fantastic day yesterday at Olympia and had the privilege to meet a few of my blogging team mates and yes I got to meet Clare Curd, and Sheila and Becky. They were all very busy and wonderful demonstrators. Felt very good to be part of the scene. Also met Dawn Bibby and Catherine from QVC. Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope every mother has a wonderful relaxing special day with their loved ones tomorrow,
Happy Mother's Day ♥ HuGs Kim x

9 comments:

Jo Nevill said...

Hi Kim

I absolutely love your card, it has so much detail in it. Your flocked bird is gorgeous as is your flower. Love your "accident" too - I would never have known !!

Have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day from one Mum to another. Hope they spoil you !

Hugs,

Jo x

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeosu card Kim!!

Happy Mother's Day!!

Hugs, Kelly

debby4000 said...

Amazing card, such wonderful work.

Heather said...

Gorgeous Kim - fabulous colours and I just love that cute bird.
Your felt flowers are beautiful - mine only served to give folks a laugh - hence they're in the bin.
Love the embossed birds behind the bird - great idea.
hugs Heather xx

Chris said...

Lush and gorgeous Kim and I love all the textures you've used, that bird looks like velvet and I want to stroke it LOL! The swirl, flowers and lace are so beautiful and I love your happy accident sentiment, you're right I would never have known! Glad you had a lovely time at Olympia and met all the lovely ladies, sounds like a lot of fun. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day with all your sweeties. Hugs, Chris xx

Macpurp said...

i love this card!!! it is so differnt! the bird is my fave part too!
love tina xx

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh Kim, I just love your stunning card! The flocked bird is absolutely divine! All the elements are just so perfect together and perfectly placed! Love the embossing and how you made it pop with the dry brushing...that is really fab!!! The sentiment is fabulous too and if you didn't tell us about your little flub we wouldn't have even noticed,smile!
Just gorgeous!!!
Hope you had a great Mother's Day!!!!
Big Hugs,t

Tricia said...

you really have a natural talent using BG papers. Great job with all of the details on this card!

Dawn♥ said...

Oh my goodness what a lovely looking card. I ♥ that felt bird, swirl, the trim, flower and the design girl all just totally ROCK! Lovely job! :)
Have a gorgeous day!
♥Dawn♥

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites