Saturday, March 28

BasicGrey Challenge #28

Wow it's Saturday already and time for a fantastic Basic Grey Challenge! so for this weeks challenge we have a fabulous sketch for you to follow, which was designed by our Talented Design Team Member Rica.


I had a lot of fun with this one, dimensional paper piecing is one of my favourite techniques I find that it produces a very effective card and so I just went from there!!!
These BG stamps are gorgeous I have simply stamped them onto one of the plainer decorative papers and cut out with a slight border! These are in place of the two rectangles on the sketch.
I have used white paint to distress the papers in a different way, still not sure of it! I've pretty much stuck to the rest of the sketch! click on the images to get a close look...




Materials:
Paper: BG - boxer, chipboard,
Stamps: Funky Kits -
Foxy, BG - Insignia (boxer)
Die's: Sizzix - Alphabet, Nestabilities - squares,
Ink:Memento - Black, Acrylic Dabber - snow cap,
Other: 3D foam, bling.



Thanks for stopping by, I realise I haven't been very active with my blogging lately, I'm still just catching up... I have a few things I'm working on that I can't reveal yet!
Have a great weekend, HuGs Kim x

18 comments:

Aud said...

WOW! Your card is stunning! So totally gorgeous! Love it!♥♥♥

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Truly gorgeous Kim. Hope you are well. Hugs, Lainy xxx

Jo Nevill said...

Absolutely stunning Kim and your Gorjuss girl is coloured to perfection and I love the paper piecing. I also love how you use the BG stamps. I always look at them and think I would have no idea how to use them. I just need to look at how you do it !

Did you get my email to say that "baby" arrived yesterday afternoon ?! We have been playing and jumping up and down !!!

Have a great weekend.

Hugs,

Jo x

Katy said...

Beautiful card Kim, I think the paper piecing and the white paint to distress the edges is fabulous :)

xx

~amy~ said...

Good Lord Kim...this is absolutely jaw dropping gorgeous!!!!! FAB job!!!

Stamp-o-maticmama said...

amazing card wow

Macpurp said...

this is just stunning! i love the way you have pieced it all together!
love teen xx

Kim said...

Kim this is AMAZING! I love what you did with this Gorjuss Girl! She's beautiful and your background is STUNNING...love what you did with the white paint! Gorgeous Work!
Hugs~ Kim

Pearl said...

beautiful card ! love the stamped cut outs !

Steph said...

Absolutely gorjuss! ha ha. Love the way you've cut out the stamped flowers. This is my first time on your blog and I love it! Have signed up to follow you and am looking forward to having more of a nosy around! x

Chris said...

Hi Kim, another one for me to drool over LOL! Absolutely love everything, the white paint looks wonderful and gives a really dreamy quality to the card. Paper piecing perfection too, these ones are perfect for the Gorjuss girl. Love your colouring and how you used the bg stamps in place of the rectangles, that's a great idea. I bought the WRMK Nonsense pad as I thought they were so yummy after seeing them on your blog. I just made a card with them which I'll be blogging this week and they're so sparkly and such lush colours. Hope you're having a good weekend. Hugs, Chris x

debby4000 said...

Stunning card, beautiful paper pieced gorjuss girl.
luv
Debby

Heather said...

Fabulous interpretaion of the sketch Kim - I just love it. Those BG stamps are awesome - I just don't use mine enough and your paper piecing brilliant.
hugs Heather xx

Tara Godfrey said...

Gorjuss card, Kim! So creative!!! I love how you used the BG stamps and your paper piecing is stunning!!!
Have a great week, hun!!!
Hugs,t

Danita said...

Kim, such a beautiful card!!! I love that image!!! I love the paper pieced dress for this girl!!! Awesome inspiration for this challenge!!!

Good luck for whatever you are working on!!! Cant wait to see what it is!!!

Danita

Kelly Schelske said...

Kim, this is absolutely beautiful!!

Love the dimension!!

Hugs, Kelly

Mervi said...

I love your style, this is so beautiful, you've done a great job!;-))m

seagirl said...

Sweet and gorjuss like all your cards. I love your style. Cant wait to see next. Beata

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites