Wednesday, March 11

Stampin' Chic Technique Challenge #1 - Paper Piecing!

Happy Wednesday everyone and here is what I have done for this weeks Technique challenge... which as you may be aware by now is Paper Piecing... Each day a different DT member has shown their gorgeous card on here and on their blog, and today it's my turn!


I couldn't leave it at one card Nooo,

I started creating this one... the base I've inked edges and stamped the flower border from the doodle stamps at the top! The frill is paper pieced by applying the border from PM sweet nothings stamps like a wave on the acrylic block and then stamping on two different patterned papers so that I could cut the wave out of the top layer without trying my hardest to get the wave in the exact shape as the frill! (KWIM?)

With this same set I have stamped lots of the different flowers on pieces of patterned paper and hand cut each. I have embellished each flower layer with a button and some natural thread. The butterfly has been paper pieced and raised on 3d foam and finished off, of course, using Clare's gorgeous sentiment stamps!

Seeing as I had a few stamped flowers left I went for this make too... a few extra flowers and the idea of sentiment stems just jumped at me with the fabby CCSR sentiment stamp set, how cool quite a long message too! They have been embellished with some pretty gem brads.

Now you may think I have a special stamp on this card.... the butterfly trail is in fact the central design from the large paisley shape which (shakily) I cut from the middle so now I have a paisley frame and the pretty floral pattern, don't worry they still stamp together as well! The butterfly again paper pieced, the frill again paper pieced.

Materials:
Paper: Papermania - Nostaglia warm, Papermania - Natural Earth,
Stamps: CCSR - Doodles, CCSR - Sentiments, Papermania - sweet nothings
Ink: Vivid - black, Colourbox Qs,
Other: 3D foam, PM brads, buttons, natural thread,

Paper piecing is such good fun and you can get great results, so if you would like to enter this challenge, just add yourself to the Mister Linky at the bottom of this post and you can also post a comment.

Looking forward to your creations ♥ HuGs Kim ♥

17 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous cards Kim....love that little frill and great paper piecing
Hugs Kath xxxxxx

joanne wardle said...

I just adore both of these!

Macpurp said...

happy Wednesday to you too!
these are just stunning cards! i do love butterfly's and these cards as so classy!
lovely work
love Tina x

~amy~ said...

WOW! Love them!!!!! You've done an absolutely magnificent job!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Completely and totally gorgeous. Love them!

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh so wonderful Kim, they are both super, very pretty!!

Anonymous said...

`WoW` Tres Chic..
Magnifique Kim:)♥

Tricia said...

STUNNING cards here! I just love the paper piercing you did. I am gonna have to lift you know....**wink**

Dawn♥ said...

Beautiful cards Kim! They are just so pretty to look at! Great job! :)
♥Dawn♥

Helen said...

These are gorgeous! Love the colours!
Helen x

Jane Wetzel said...

You are such a talent girl!!! Gorgeous and totally cute!

Lisadwb said...

Gorgeous!! The color choice is stunning!! Love the piecing!

Helen said...

These are both gorgeous cards!!

Anonymous said...

What a stunning card! I have yet to attempt the paper piercing, I have trouble cutting lol.

Thanks for your kind words and stopping by my blog.

Have a great weekend!!!

XOXO
Sara

zita said...

hey hon,

love these cards, the colour and butterflies, the swirls. and love the new home card too!


mwah x

zita said...

hey hon,

love these cards, the colour and butterflies, the swirls. and love the new home card too!


mwah x

zita said...

hey hon,

love these cards, the colour and butterflies, the swirls. and love the new home card too!


mwah x

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites