Monday, March 28

Simon Says Stamp and Show a Hat!

Good Morning!!! I hope you had a fabulous weekend I met up with some of the best crafting buddies at the NEC, (((Waving))) we had a wonderful time ♥



But let me bring you on the theme...
 at

Stamp and show a Hat


My darling daughter Maoleidigh (may-le-dee) will be three in a week so I decided to create a vintage inspired party hat just for her...


First I collaged the cone shape with strips torn from old book pages and 7 Gypsies Victoria Paper applied with Claudine Helmuth's Matte Medium.


Then Embellished with a few Tattered Angel goodies, like the Framed Fonts, glimmer screen, Tim Holtz Heart wings for the crown and floral stamp.


I added a few paper flowers randomly then finished with a frayed top and gathered crepe which I trimmed.
Photobucket

Hope it inspires and why not pop round to be astounded by our amazingly talented team!!!

THE director ~ Linda Elbourne
Candy Colwell ~ Dan ~
 Kim Costello <~ You're already here

Thanks for stopping by, have a super wonderful creative day!
BiG HuGs Kim :)

12 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

absolutely fabulous...you are such an inspiration and waving at you too lovely lady...it was lovely to meet up with you again...sending big hugs kath xxx

Candy C said...

Kim...your hat for your little girl is absolutely stunning! I love the vintage feel and all of the little details you included on it! SOOOO cute! <3 Candy

Anonymous said...

Won't she be an extra-special birhtday girl in that hat! Beautiful job! Connie :)

Tasha said...

This is so cool Kim, i love it! You are super creative my friend!
Sorry i didnt get to meet up with you - i didnt get to go in the end :)
love tasha xx

Deb said...

fantastic hat Kim I love it, I lost your blog for a little while, so glad I found it again, have enjoyed catching up with your latest creations and your amazing drawings/paintings!
Happy Crafting, Debxx

chris said...

Hi Kim, found you!
it was lovely to meet up with you on satuday. I wonder if you spent to much like me!!
your work is so very unique and gorgeous, love the hat you have made for your daughter.
hugs chris xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous hat Kim, my daughter would think I was wonderful if I created this. Your work is inspirational. I have an award for you on my blog. I love your grungepaper pieces too. Loved your pouch for your iPod so I had a go. Would not go through my sewing machine though so had to glue together LOL. Once it was folded over did yours go through your seeing machine? Take care Tracy Evans x

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim,
That is gorge! If your Daughter doesn't like it I'll have it and just change the M to an N - LOL!
Hope you're well.
nickipeex

PS: Are you at Ally Pally next month?

Lynne Forsythe said...

Kim.....now if that isn't just the CUTEST party hat!!! and the plume is TDF!! I'm sure your cutie will JUST LOVE THIS!!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Absolutely gorgeous vintage party hat for your little girl :) You should definitely take a picture and post it!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is so deliciously vintage, Kim! The colors and embellishments are wonderful and I especially love the crepe paper ruffle around the bottom. Terrific take on the hat challenge this week!

Hugs,
Linda

Julie said...

love this, a fab card.

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites