Monday, March 7

Simon Says Stamp & Show... Some Metal

Good Morning!!! I hope you had a fabulous weekend and ready for this week's theme...
 at
is
Some Metal...


I just had to try out Ranger's new Metal foil tape sheet by embossing with Tim Holtz Regal Flourish Texture Fade folder. I then used it to cover a memo pad and used pitch black paint dabber to paint all over. Then I rubbed the paint into the metal with a cloth to bring out the raised design.


The printer letter blocks were created using Tim Holtz Idea-ology Grungeboard alphabet soup letters with idea-ology grungeblocks. The same black paint dabber and vintage photo distress ink. Inspired by a couple of metal print blocks I have, I decided to rub on a little silver paint to give the blocks a metallic effect.


The cover has been steampunk'd with a few gears and some vintage watch parts. The inside book page has been inked with a little distress stain and I finished off the front with metal corners and a hitch fastener as a handle.

 
Photobucket

Hope it inspires and why not pop round the rest of the team and we have two new awesome members to see some creative metal!!!

THE director ~ Linda Elbourne
Candy Colwell ~ Dan ~
 Kim Costello <~ You're already here

Thanks for stopping by, have a super wonderful creative day!
BiG HuGs Kim :)

9 comments:

Tasha said...

Wow this is awesome, i love the little handle!
love tasha xx

Lynne Forsythe said...

KIM this is just amazing...and all the new TIM GOOODIES to boot!! a bit of jealousy here but I will get through it!!! AWESOME JOB!

Caroline said...

That is a lovely note book! You have inspired me to have a go. I have some metal tape I bought from a pound shop months ago and didnt really know what to do with it.
Thank you for sharing.

Candy C said...

Kim...your book us absolutely fabulous!!! I love all the new elements you used in the cover! WOW!!! There is a lot of wonderful detail that just WORKS so perfectly together! I love your piece!!

Sarah said...

What a great piece - and one I could use too. Loving the textures and dramatic black and that little fastener is just divine! Also like how the brass cogs break up the colour!

Sarah x

Anonymous said...

Wow!~~~your memo pad is great and so are those printer letter blocks. I thought they were the real thing! Connie :)

Minxy said...

Oh truly scrumptious creation, love the dark grungy look :D

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Hi Kim!

Gorgeous memo book!! I love all the tim holtz embellies you used to really make this book POP!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp

Trish said...

Stunning! I love the look of the metal foil tape!

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites