Thursday, February 11

Paperbabe Stamps ~ Beanie Hats and Glasses

Morning! today we are showcasing the new mixed media templates and stencils over on the Paperbabe Stamps blog today...

Here is my sample,
I didn't get time to create as much as I wanted, but decided to use all todays release in another comic pop art style card as it's my new favourite.
This is a large A5 card, I have drawn in order the hat, the first hair piece, the head, fringe of her hair then the neck and shoulders all in pencil first, as I needed to move the glasses down her face, it was so easy to replace the templates to fix any rubbed out lines.
I then stamped most of the facial features before colouring in copic markers. I must mention that it's probably best to draw the hat first before the other steps of the templates as you will need to adjust some of the hairstyles to fit in under the hat band. I will try and get a video created as soon as I can to show you.
I have used distress inks over my copic colouring to get the texture and dots. I used the negative part of the pre cut hat template as a mask when inking through the knit stencil. As I did with the hair when stamping on the face.
Then I cut the whole figure out and ran my black copic over the edges to hide the white and enhance the comic look. I've added a few pop dots to the edge of my background in black embossing.
I used the glasses as a mask when I stamped her eyelashes to really give them perspective.

No comments:

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites