Wednesday, February 10

Paperbabe Stamps ~ Pop Dots and Polkas

Morning! I have a few cards showcasing the new Pop Dots stamp set and polka dot stencils being introduced on the Paperbabe Stamps blog today...


This is using the medium 1cm dot stencil with white paint onto kraft card, when dry I stamped little hearts from the doll face stamp set and heat set in gold embossing powder.
I have then stamped my sentiment in blue embossing powder onto vellum die cut and added a circle of white card to help the sentiment to pop! Finished with a flourish of glitter paper.

For my next card
I wanted to create a fashion style print, using the larger female head and torso mixed media templates with the flick and fringe hairstyle, I drew the girl first onto watercolour paper, stamped her facial features and roughly added a wash of distress inks to look like watercolours.
I masked her eyes to then use the same distress inks to stamp the polka dots varying the colours on different areas of the card.
 I stamped her eyelashes last and went over my pencil lines very roughly with a gel pen.

Now this card...
has to be my absolute favourite this year, it makes me smile!!! 
It was created using the mini head and torso with loose plait mixed media templates, with mini female face stamp set. Like in the above card I simply drew my girl first in pencil, stamped her face and coloured in using copics. 
Now this type of copic colouring I actually find difficult, it's not easy for me to get a smooth comic colour, but thankfully the dots so helped there, they were stamped using distress inks, it worked so well. 

I masked the different areas before stamping the polks dots. Then I went around all the pencil lines with my black posca pen, you can very easily reposition the templates and use them again. Then I fussy cut her out, the background shows off the halftone stamping in white embossing powder. Finished off with a little sentiment created using Birthday wishes shown yesterday.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you feel inspired to try something different on your cards!
HuGs Kim x

No comments:

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites