Sunday, August 3

Cool Yule

This weeks challenge over at PTW is to make a Christmas card! Yes, about 5 months to Christmas now so the countdown begins for us crafters!!!



I'm so pleased with how this turned out! The image isn't a very traditional Christmas but with the envelope in her hand, it reminded me of writing Xmas cards! Seeing as my copic markers arrived (wooo Hooo) I had to use them! Loving them there's no odour like other markers I've used and have I mentioned that I'm really loving them, and now I'm already addicted to them I will HAVE to get more colours (of course!)

I made the mini Christmas card with nesty and decorated by shrinking the holly that I had coloured with stardust pen before heating (so cute)! There's lots of inking around edges and stuff! creating bit of distressed look!

Click images to enlarge

Materials:
Paper: BG sugared, PM vellum, cream card, DCWV glitter card,
Die's:
Nestabilities squares, Sizzix holly, snowflakes,
Stamps:
Mixed Messages - merry Christmas,make a wish, Sweet Ebony - pen pal, BG - swirls,
Ink: Staz On Black, Copic markers, stardust pen, colourbox creamy brown, dark moss,

Other: Glossy accents, Tim's distresser, Tim's blending thingy, glue pen, 3D foam, yummy red adhesive gems.

Thanks for stopping by, I have made quite a few cards recently but haven't had a great deal of time to upload them, (camera full of baby photo's too!) so bare with me there's more on the way! HuGs Kim x

18 comments:

Murielle said...

Waw...Splendid card!!!
The colours and details are fantastic.
You have a great blog and your composition are marvellous.
Mumur

Sharon said...

this is gorgeous, I bet you are chuffed with how it turned out. Fab!

Tanya said...

I am impressed!!! Your card is gorgeous!! Love the colours and the image! Fab!!!
Hugs, Tanya
xx

Rach said...

this is a stunning card, love how you have the mini christmas card...and what a fabulous job with your copics...I have just got some of these but am no way as good at using them as you...fabulous job. hugs rach.xx

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card!! Your coloring is fantastic. I like how you used the image to make a Christmas card.

Lorraine Robertson said...

What a fab card... love how it's not traditional & the colour combo is great...

Lorraine xxx

Lisadwb said...

Everything on this one is perfect! The colorings, the colors, the mini card............

SugarBells said...

Hello Kim! I found you, yaayy!! :)

LOVE your card and how innovative for a Christmas design!! Really stunning!

*Biggest Hugs!*

Elisabeth xx

Mrs Mayne said...

Gorgeous card Kim! That image is lovely and beautifully coloured! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Lainy's Little Blog said...

I'm loving this Kim. Your colouring is fab - must be those new copics ! Not that your colouring wasn't great before :o) I love the mini card and that image. Have thought about buying her before, but now you've convinced me that I need her!

Kathy said...

she is georgeous, love this idea for a christmas card!

My Paper World said...

Your colouring looks amazing! It's a beautiful card! xx

Jessica Smith said...

Love that image I wish I could color like you great job!

~Emma~ said...

This card would look lovely on my mantle piece this christmas!! LOL!
Thank you so much for my lovely blog candy...have put your card on my blog as its so gorgous!

Andrea said...

Oh wow, great card.
xAndrea

Daisy Chain said...

I love this card. I think I need to buy this stamp as soon as possible.

Love debbie xx

Kelly Schelske said...

WOW Kim, this card is so beautiful!! Amazing coloring skills my friend, greta job:-)

TCake said...

this is amazing... i have left a little something on my blog for you Hugs Tx

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites