Friday, November 15

Introducing ~ Paperbabe Stamps November Release

Good morning and welcome back...
Today over on the Paperbabe Stamps blog we are showcasing the right facing 3/4 view version of the dinky female face, the perfect pose for so many projects...
 I think most portraits have the face slightly angled, it shows a lovely natural look. I have been really looking forward to showing these off!!! 

Here's goes, onto some samples...
The watercolours came out for this card, I've added a crown of flowers, I mostly used the flowers from the sugar skull stamp sets, with just a couple from the sketchy rose set.
It did require some masking to get the flowers this way, they were all stamped in versafine as I knew I wanted a waterproof ink.
I've inked the edges with distress inks and left it blank, I could stamp any sentiment on there or simply leave it as it is.

Next...
 there's 45 sleeps until christmas, I think I might need to make much more of these, lol
 I just love to colour hair, and  copic markers are one of my favourite mediums to use for this, you can get fine lines and add layers without having to wait for ink to dry. I didn't jot down all the colours that I've used but as a good guess...
Copics List ~ Face: E0000, 00, 04, R00, RV91, B60. Eyes: B01, N3, W8. Hair: E31, 35, 37, 49, 59. Jumper: R24, 27.
For the Background I used B01 around her body, used the templates as masks to then stamp the snowflakes in tumbled glass Distress Oxides.
 You can just make out the texture on the jumper, I stamped the knit with barn door Distress Oxides over the copic.

Last but by no means least...
 I really wanted to create something whimsical and mixed media, not sure how well it worked but I enjoyed painting it and isn't that the real joy of creating.
 I've used matt acrylic paints onto cold pressed watercolour paper, I wanted to have the texture. I have used layers and pretty much dry brushed the build up some depth to the image.
I added a crown to her, also painted but with accents of gold ink, to give it an aged metal look.
I fussy cut her out and added pencil shading.



Do visit the rest of the team to see their amazing creations...



Thanks so much for stopping by, 
Enjoy a wonderfully creative day ♥ and
hope to see you tomorrow for one more project and release day...
HuGs Kim x

No comments:

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites