Thursday, November 19

Paperbabe Stamps Mixed Media Templates Day Two!

Hello I'm back again as we are introducing another new stamp set and mixed media templates on the Paperbabe Stamps blog today Yay... Although it's the same as yesterday's just a larger scale for all those canvases and mixed media goodness!

Onto a couple of samples...


This is a mixed media piece using the Head & Torso Template and the New female Face stamp set. Although I added my own free style hair, owl and flower.

The face I painted first with ceramcoat acrylics before stamping the features. I've opted for the smaller open eyes and full nose.

I wanted to demonstrate how you can manipulate the lip stamps to make a much fuller bottom lip by squeezing the edges of the stamp on your acrylic block.


This next sample really was an experiment I just had to try, I can't wait to have a go with the mini templates and stamps...
This was created completely from frosted shrink plastic, I ended up cutting into three sheets but there's plenty left over for smaller projects, but I just had to give it a go... lol!
I got out my twinkling H2os and painted the shrink plastic, it's great that the plastic doesn't warp when wet but it does take a little while to dry.
I also learnt it is much easier to draw the parts and then cut out before painting. When the face was dry I stamped her face using the New female Face set and Mermaid Mixed Media Template in memento luxe pigment inks. I've utilised the stamps from Oriental zen for the added scale pattern, the dots and the flower in her hair as well as the little fish.
The shrinking was magical as always, not knowing how it would truly look. The mica or shimmer in the paint get's like flakes when shrunk giving the impression of scaley skin I probably would otherwise struggle to achieve. I forgot to do a few things before gluing but it was my first attempt. 


And another little Video this time I'm using the templates...


AND how wonderful were the team's projects yesterday, what a treat I hope you will pop by their blogs for even further inspiration and check out their gorgeous projects...

Thank you very much for all your support and I hope you will return tomorrow as the stamp will be in the shop ready to buy!!!


Enjoy a wonderfully creative day!
HuGs Kim & the Team x

4 comments:

Elena F Scrap said...

She looks amazing

Terri Koszler said...

Such lovely makes Kim, really pretty. x

Chris said...

Blooming heck Kim these are amazing and wow to the shrink plastic experiment it looks incredible, GOING TO WATCH YOUR LITTLE VIDEO NOW AND I loved the first one too! Lots of love, Chris xx

Chris said...

Oh how strange that part of that came out in upper case :-D xx

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites