Wednesday, May 28

Cute Card and a little Tutorial

I thought I would make a card with the sketch on Cute Card Thursday challenge 11 and show a little tutorial of my scalloped edges using my nestabilities.
I was asked how I got the scalloped edges on this card with my nestabilities....
Here goes, it's not very professional but I hope you get the idea and if you have any questions be sure to ask!

I'm using vellum, first I have trimmed to width I need, now I'm scoring to where the scallop will be see next pic.


Next I lay this to the part of the scallop that cuts, I've used a tiny bit of masking tape to secure! Make sure it is shy of the end scallop! click pic to enlarge.

Next is the clever bit... Get yourself a small cutting pad I'm using sidekick cutting pads these are great for so many things and it means you can cut a little quicker and cover small areas!

You NEED to lay the cutting pad so that it stops before and doesn't cover the corner scallop under your paper, otherwise you won't get a straight edge!

See how the cut stops.


Next you need to move your half cut paper... placing the cut scallops in each scallop past the die and following the previous directions. If you are doing a very long piece then I would suggest turning your cutting Matt and only doing the two inches it allows!


Finished, I love the size of these scallops I can't find scissors that cut that large. Thanks for keeping up with me I hope it was clear enough for you!





Now attach scallop paper to card. Recently I have actually been buying stamps (a lot of stamps)... It's only in the last few months that I've really been getting into them! So you're sure to see a lot more stamped cards now! I like the image on this card but still not sure on the foam lettering. I used vellum to keep the pretty patterned paper!




Materials:
Paper: DCWV, PM cream vellum, pink from stash.
Die's:
Nestabilities squares and ovals, sizzix alphabet.
Stamps: Baby girl Bear,(while there I ordered super cute stamp sets from Pink Cat studio, the Billy stamps and Dress up Lily)
Ink: Black Staz On, whispers brush pens.
Other: grosgrain ribbon, stardust pen, Funky foam, 3D foam.

Thanks for stopping by this was a bit of long post I hope you enjoyed! HuGs Kim

11 comments:

Rach said...

Brilliant post..thanks for sharing..I have been wondering if these nestibilities would fit in my big shot...so you have answered two questions in one for me. Thanks.
Your card is so sweet...love the way you have coloured the girl bear in.
Hugs Rach.x

Lisadwb said...

How clever you are. Thanks for sharing the tutorial.(I do not need nesties, I do not need nesties, I do not......)
Super cute card.

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card and image. Thanks for the tutorial I must give it a go as it is so pretty.
Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Crafting Queen said...

What a lovely card. Great tutorial as well.
Thank you so much Kim, for your condolence message.

Regards
Anesha

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

What a great tutorial, Kim! I love those large scallops!...and your precious card, too cute!!Thank you so much for sharing!

Marja Sch said...

What a lovely card Thanks for the tutorial. Hugs Marja

Unknown said...

Sadly, I don't have nesties but I reckon I could use my scoring tool to achieve the same....lovely card and great blog with some really nice tips:-) Some of your cards are extremely elegant, the 3d butterfly is beautiful- Chrissy :-)

Sammi said...

Great tutorial Kim!!

Love the card! The stamp is certainly VERY cute and I think that the foam lettering looks goo in the photos!

:)
Sammi
xxx

TCake said...

oh this card is scrummy...thanks for sharing all the tips. hugs Tx

Katharina Frei said...

Thank you for the great tutorial Kim. It was very interesting!
I love your card and the cute motive. You have colured it in perfectly!

Andrea said...

What a cute image and thanks for your tutorial!

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites