Saturday, May 10

3D Butterfly Birthday

This week the challenge on Arty Girlz challenge #33 is '3D' ~ Thank you to Jane who suggested that great theme. Keep the suggestions coming in everyone as Arty Girlz intends to be around for a long time ;)


I needed a birthday card that had either green or pink on. Spoilt myself to some Laura Ashley goodies and find both colours. The Butterfly has been stamped three times and hand cut to layer and make 3d, I used thinner foam pads which is just as effective! I went over the finished butterfly with glitter pen. I put a little bit of flock on the leaves but it doesn't show up very well (they feel nice though)

I created the scallop card with my nestabilities large square, and made another felt corner, it comes out so pretty. Sorry pictures aren't very good!


click to enlarge

Materials:
Paper: Laura Ashley contemporary, black & white card stock
Die's: Cuttlebug corner, nestabilities Ovals, squares
Stamps: PTI Butterfly Kisses, Laura Ashley clear stamp.
Ink: Colourbox fluid chalk ink pink pastel & olive pastel, versafine onyx black
Other: Pink felt & stitched ribbon from stash, double sided adhesive sheet, glue pen, foam pads.


Thanks for stopping by, I will hopefully have more to upload soon! HuGs Kim x

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty card - very "spring"!

Crafting Queen said...

What a beautiful card. Love the colours and the image you used.
Thanks for commenting on my blog.

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Stunning card!! I'm a major fan of scalloped edges! Can you share with me how I can make them like your card? I would be so thrilled! Love what you've created, lovely!

TCake said...

this is lovely...like the added extra's inside. TFS TX

tracie said...

oh wow Kim this is absolutely gorgeous. Love the colour combo and pretty papers. The butterflies are stunning :-)x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow wow wow ,stunning card v beautiful ,Dawnx

Annapurna said...

Wow! What a lovely card. I am glad you mentioned how you made the scallops on the card, since I was wondering about that. Absolutely love everything about it.

Crissi Harvey said...

wow from me to stunning card love the butterflys they look so pretty and the felt corner .
Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz.

crissi x

Kath Stewart said...

Wow this is truly stunning - love the Laura Ashley collection

Penny said...

You have some truly beautiful cards on your blog and this one is no exception. The butterflies are so pretty, in fact the whole card is amazing!

Andrea, said...

Such a pretty card, the colours are gorgeous and the butterflies are so sweet, great card

Sammi said...

It is absolutely beautiful!!! Just lovely! Nicely done!
Sammi
xxx

Lainy's Little Blog said...

This is gorgeous Kim! Really pretty.

Nany said...

very lovely

Nina said...

Wow I have just found your fab blog! I will be back!

Joana24 said...

WOW is stunning , love the colour combo ( I'M so in to green and pink at the moment too ), The papers are lovely like the way you did the butterfly looks so pretty , the edges in the card give the all look a lift

Monica said...

I love this card! I just ordered the Nesties and can't wait to try this!! I love the butterflies too! I'm going to CASE this card!! Love it!

Sammie said...

I love pink and green together. I don't mind be corrected, but I believe that pink and green are the colours of the heart.
The design of your card is beautiful.
SammieJay

Misty said...

Gorgeous card. Love the butterflies.
Misty

Marlou McAlees said...

a beautiful card Kim, your cards are so perfect, love them!! :) x

Jessica Smith said...

This is such a gorgeous card I love how you did your butterflies.

Robyn said...

I love it!!! So absolutely beautiful!!

Lois E. said...

Love it! I love the paper, colors and especially the 3-D effect. Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Hello darling,

Love your paper babe page. Its so lovely to read and see all your amazing cards.

I love the green and pink butterfly one and as you know green is my favourite colour I was hoping it would be my birthday card!

Everyone in ibiza loves your cards, its so hard to find any cards here. Was thinking I should sell them in the hotel!

Sending love and hugs

Zita XXXX

*Sally* said...

Lovely card! very pretty.

Rima said...

wow Kim, this is stunning!!

sorry I haven't been by lately but between moving & then I had to fly to New Zealand for a funeral, so its been pretty hectic, but I'm back now & checking out what I have missed.

Hope you are well
x
Rima

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites