Friday, August 16

Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #100 ~ Theme ~ GOLD

Hello, hope you're enjoying a typically wet summer hols like we are lol...
if you're having an indoor kinda day what a perfect time to get all your gold crafting materials out and join in our current challenge on the paperbabe stamps blog...
I treated my self to this fabulous journal cover die and had to try it out, obviously...
I've die cut the cover in watercolour paper, hot press so the smooth version.
The background was created with a few distress oxides through the pebble rows stencil. The colour was a bit darker than I had planned so I brayered some white gesso all over to soften and knock back the colour.
When the gesso layer was dry I used the dotty stencil with transparent embossing paste which I then covered with gold embossing powder as I didn't have the gold embossing paste I thought I had... and heat set until all the powder had melted.
So, I had drawn and stamped the front with the dinky female face and long loose wave hair, but when I went to add copic to her face it did not take well, the gesso was coming off on my pen nib and so I had to ditch that idea and move to recreating her onto a sticker sheet, which worked out alright although the sticker paper doesn't hold copic ink as well as bristol, well we have to try don't we? I painted her hair with deco art black acrylic paint.
 I finished off my cover with gold embossed roses and leaves. I used some tissue paper I had lying around but it didn't disappear as much as I had hoped... Keeping with the 'gold' theme I have covered the inside with gold glitter paper.
I added a layer of matt medium over the front cover to help seal everything and give the whole thing a uniform finish. I haven't come up with a closure yet, I'm tempted to use a hidden magnet so that the front stays as it is.

I also want to enter this into a few other challenges:





Thanks so much for stopping by it's so wonderful to think we've reached our hundredth challenge, couldn't have done it with out you all ♥

10 comments:

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Love this Kym. Thank you for sharing with us over here at The Creative Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Wendy DT Member for https://creativecrafterschallenge.blogspot.com/

Sherri said...

Awesome coloring and beautifully done! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I'm so glad you treated yourself to that die Kim they work in harmony with all that is Paperbabe. A wonderful canvas to display the newly released stencils. How gorgeous does the embossed gold look upon it all.
I gasped when I read your words about the gesso coming off onto the pen nib, I have been there before so have what I call *rubbish pens* for this sort of thing (they are not rubbish at all but have seen better days hee hee!!)
She looks so at peace.. You now have a beautiful and inspiring journal to sketch more Paperbabes for us all to enjoy.
HUGE CONGRATS on the 100th Challenge, i'm a very luck girl to be on the Design Team. Here's to the next 100..
Creative Hugs Tracey xx

Sam Squires - A Crafting Niche said...

Oh wow, this is an absolutely stunning piece of work. I love the many elements you've used on this journal cover.

Thank you for taking part in the August "Love To Craft Challenge Blog". DT Sam x


P.S. I also appreciate the time it has taken to photograph and blog the whole process. It really is a fab blog post.

Dreja said...

Ganz zauberhaft.
Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers.
LG Dreja

Kuni said...

Very beautiful.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Loose Stitches said...

Such a gorgeous creation Kim, lovely coloring and design! Congratulations on the 100th challenge!
Crafty Hugs, Sherry xx
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Loose Stitches said...

Gorgeous creation Kim, Love the design! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

crafty said...

Beautiful. Thank you for joining in the QKR Stampede challenge.
Mary

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at More Mixed Media and a Bit More Time to Craft. Hope to see you again next time.

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites