Friday, July 24

Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #17

Ok so we have a new challenge on the Paperbabe Stamps Blog, and it's a picture inspiration. 

I think I took it quite literally and decided to use every colour in the picture, I really felt this was a disaster piece, it was not quite what I was going for but then that's art hey? I worked with what I had and ta da!!!
Crazy colour lady, Maoleidigh would agree on the crazy crazy!
I thought I would paint her with brushos but they're just so unpredictable... dust from other sprinkling kept contaminating the face and I just had to go with it. I left it overnight to dry and to see if it was a complete disaster, then went in with stamping the pupils and lips.
To add definition to the crazy colours I used coloured pencils to add shading and highlights.

I used the mini version throughout: the hair is the Central parting with head and torso templates, the doll face stamp and the poseable hand template. The Rose border stamp was used to create the motif on her top and finished off with an appropriate art quote ~ Logic & Creativity!

I thought I would add this to some other challenges...
Kim Dellow ~ Show your face
Brown sugar challenge ~ Anything goes
Paradise of stamps ~ Anything goes


I wanted to let you know that I will be away for some fun family time with my children and I will not be sending orders out from the 27th of July and during that week. I won't have internet access either, so bear with me if you're expecting an email.

Enjoy a wonderfully creative day, I'm sure it's the beginning of many summer holidays and our's has started with a rainy day.

BiG HuGs Kim x

11 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

I love this sweetie, my first attempt went super wrong but I am still learning, I don't mean this nasty but it is good to read that sometimes things don't go right for others, I am going to play again today and if it goes wrong ah well thats Art! I shall remember that when I am pulling out my hair, I really really love this one though she looks like she is thinking about something important, gorgeous work x x x

Jane said...

Simply stunning!!!

Wanda said...

She is VERY alive....her face, those eyes, but I do love her hand... Really nice work!

Suz said...

Well, she's a beauty!

Anna said...

So stunning!
Thanks for sharing it with us over at Brown sugar challenge!
Anna Dt

Dewi Lestari said...

Stunning... Thanks for joining at Paradise of Stamps: Anything Goes
Hugs
Dewi

Giggles said...

She is simply stunning...you are way too hard on yourself...wow she evokes piles of attitude and I love her!! Well done and thanks for sharing!! The more colour the better I say!!

Hugs Giggles

Creations by Shirl said...

What a interesting method with your designing.... Very lovely...Thanks for joining Brown Sugar Challenge!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Brown Sugar, good luck!!! Amy DT

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Stunning use of the Brushos, Kim!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Kim Dellow said...

Gorgeous Kim, She worked out beautifully. Hope you have a lovely hols. So glad you linked it up to Show Your Face, thank you and thank you for the shout out too. Kx

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites