Monday, July 11

Stitches? and Stitching!!!

It's MONDAY!!!
I'm very late posting so much going on at home, it's really came to a head with a weekend spent in the hospital as Dillon suffered a head injury that needed surgery, there must be over seventeen stitches along his hairline... bless him, he's fit and recovering extremely well from it all!

which brings me onto the new challenge at...

and this week is Stitching!!! I know!!!

I completely indulged in my love of sewing for this challenge, creating a very aged looking bunny from a Tilda pattern.
 
To start, the bunny's muslin fabric was stained with antique linen and vintage photo distress stains. I definitely needed my scrubbie after that!
The ear lining and outfit are stamped with Wendy Vecchi's fabulous ticking and check background stamps, using distress ink directly onto the fabric. So pleased with how it came out!
The front I simply stamped this wonderful flower and finished off with some poppers.
So check out the goodies at...
Photobucket
And then why not pop round to the rest of the team's stunning stitched projects!!!
THE director ~ Linda Elbourne
Candy Colwell ~ Dan ~
Kim Costello <~ You're already here
Thanks so much for stopping by, have a beautifully creative day,
give your loved ones BiG HuGs!!!
Kim :)

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh Kim, what a weekend. Pretty scary stuff. Glad to hear all is well now. Boys will be boys. Wishing you lots of strength, peace of mind and a quick recovery to Dillon. I am totally and utterly in love with your amazing and darling bunny... I hope she sends some Get Well Soon love to Dillon!
Thinking of you all....
Sarah.

Kath Stewart said...

your bunny is just adorable kim...love the ticking stamp...what a weekend you've had...sending big hugs to Dillon for being such a brave soldier and one to you too...such a scary thing to happen...kath xxx

Nancy Wethington said...

Kim, happy to hear your son is going to be OK. This bunny stole my heart. OMG what a fabulous job you did with this. And to use Wendy's stamps on fabric - WOW! You definitely rocked this challenge.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Wow fabulous bunny, love her, she looks so vintage. I do not sew much but would love to create one of these. Hope your son recovers soon, take care. Tracy x

Juls said...

so very cute!! Hugs Juls

Candy C said...

Kim, your bunny is darling! I love all the colors you used on her. Just perfection! Love the Wendy Vecchi ticking and check stamps too! I'd never thought to use them like this! <3 Candy

Anonymous said...

What a scary ordeal that must have been! I am glad your baby is ok. That bunny is too precious for words, take care.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oh my goodness, Kim!! So glad to hear your little Dillon is recovering, well...how scary that must have been for you! :(

The bunny is just almost too adorable for words!! It's so sweet and the addition of the Wendy flower on the little outfit is adorable!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

zita said...

hope dillon is ok now. love the bunny it is just the cutest, you are so talented xxx

Lori said...

Holy crap, I thought that was real ticking material! Totally fabulous, out of this world project Kim! LOVE it!
p.s. hope things are better for your family now!

Savero said...

funny bunny innovative work and creative, cool.
may dillon have recovered to normal

Silvia(Barnie) said...

So lovely.

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites