Saturday, January 17

Basic Grey - My Sweet Valentine's


I really wanted to get all this uploaded earlier but I've had such a busy weekend! My baby turned five yesterday... wow we've been entertaining and partying everyday and still have a little lunch party to go to tomorrow! So much fun....




Challenge 18 - Digi Print Challenge

We have a special challenge for you this week, we would like to see you use one (or all if you want to) of my illustrations (Only people taking part in this challenge are allowed to use these images (for now anyway) and of course when the challenge is over you can continue to use them if you wish but please remember that these images are copyright to me and should only be used according to my terms of use), oh and course not forgetting to use at least one item from BasicGrey somewhere on your creation :)





So here's my creation with my illustrations hope I did myself justice... I drew this boy as a shy boy giving his valentine's a gift without being soppy or in any way romantic, notice the blush on this shy boy's face? So typical!

I printed the image onto a heavy weight cartridge but it came out a little faint, I used my copic markers to colour the rest and cut with my labels die, with the die in place then inked the edges with distress inks! The card base I have stamped with script stamp and distress inks!

The word Valentine's I printed directly onto basic grey patterned paper. I then cut out and laid it to the back of the darker paper to draw around. I cut just a little away from the pencil line so that I could achieve a shadow effect! The cut out word has been raised on 3D foam and I've highlighted with white gel pen and added shadow with grey marker to distinguish between the letters!!





Materials:
Paper: Basic Grey - Bittersweet, heavy weight cartridge,
Stamps/image: My drawings - Shy Boy, Valentine's, Script
Die's: Nestabilities - Labels 1,squares, sizzix - neet knacks,
Ink: Distress inks, sakura - pastel, copic sketch markers,
Other: Doodlebug - rubons, edge distresser, Adhesive gems and Bling, 3D foam,

I hope you like and get a chance to have a go. It's such a wonderful feeling to see such talented designers using my sketches, WOW our design team has done some amazing creations hope you have a look! Thanks you!

So... onto some other big news, As you know I am a member of the wonderfully talented design team over on Basic Grey Challenges blog and I took the chance and entered one of my card's into the Basic Grey gallery and I received an email to tell me it was accepted so off you go and have a look at my card in the Official Basic Grey Gallery! Woo Hoo! I would like to thank Martine of course for her wonderful sketch, you've helped make it all possible! Thank you sweetie x!


If you made it down to here, thank you, and I'm really looking forward to seeing all your wonderful creations! Hope you have a great weekend, Happy HuGs Kim x

11 comments:

Sammi said...

oooh wow!! Happy BIRTHDAY D!!!! :)
Glad you had fun :)

Oh wow!!! Go Kim ... gorgeous images for the Basic Grey challenge!!

AND Well done on getting featured on BG website!! you rock!!

Sammi
xxx

Sammi said...

oh... and ... your card??? you definitely did yourself justice! It's gorgeous!!

Kim said...

Love your card kim....and I can't wait to make my card....I have my girl all colored and ready to go! Thank you so much for allowing us to play with your images...that is so wonderful of you! Your work is FABULOUS!
Hugs~ Kim

Heather said...

Absolutely STUNNING Kim. It's so beautifully balanced - the colours, the papers, the layout - everything.
I love the way you've done the Valentine word - awesome!!
hugs Heather xx

cats whiskers said...

Wow I am in love with this card I wil certainly try to join this challenge this week. Your colouring is out of this world and that Little boy just reminds me of my 2 eldest grandsons
Hugs Jacqui x

Chris said...

Hi Kim, happy birthday to your baby, he's so cute and I'm so glad you've had a great few days of celebrations for him. Thank you so much for the images, I absolutely love them, your drawings, as I said in the forum are so full of character and a joy to colour, you're so talented. I love your card. Fabulous colouring, design and paper. The text stamped background looks brill as does the sentiment that you've shadowed and popped up. I love it all. Huge congratulations on having your card in the BG gallery, such an achievement and so well deserved, it's am amazing card. Hope you're having a great weekend. Hugs, Chris x

Kelly Schelske said...

Your sweet boy is so handsome Kim!! Fabulous card, great images, my goodness you are on talented gal!!

hugs, K

Danita said...

Kim, all of your work is so AWESOME!!! Your card is beautiful, the images are FANTASTIC and I just wanted to say thank you for letting us play with them!!! Your card fits so well together!! You are a very talented lady!!!

Chris said...

Me again Kim, I just wanted to say thanks so much for your lovely comment yesterday and your support for my new venture, it means so much to me that you like them enough to buy them. Absolutely can't wait to see what you create with them. Hugs, Chris x

Dawn♥ said...

WOW stunning to say the least. Love it! Congrat's on the BG gallery!

craft mad Jenny said...

wow - such great work!

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites