Friday, November 2

Caardvarks - A Card to Die for!

I thought I would give the die cut challenge a go over at caarvarks....


NEW CHALLENGE
Let's use die cuts on our card fronts! Link us to your card(s) in the comments section of this post by November 2nd at midnight. We'll add 'em to the Diecut Gallery. :)


I started with acetate and trimmed to make it stand at a different angle. I die cut a heart shape aperture in the front. I inked fancy pants pollen dust and the celebration sentiment with white staz on and stamped the front, I also inked the edges.
I die cut the word 'love' twice and glued either side over the aperture. The champagne glasses I die cut from shrink plastic and heated to shrink, then coloured the level with stardust pen. I glued one on either side of acetate to minimise bulk.
The inside is the dress, die cut and assembled with different layers. I die cut the heart with a hinge on one side to allow for writing your message and finished with a little bling!


Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, love how you have used the acetate

lauren bergold said...

wow! this really, really *IS* to die for!!!

i absolutely love it, and as i was reading your techniques i kept thinking, "oh THAT's how she did it!" at virtually every step. completely unofficially, & just off the top of my head, i think you may have used the highest amount of individual diecuts of anyone in the challenge...and also used them in very unusual/interesting ways! (LOOOOOOVE the champagne glasses out of shrink plastic!!!)

ps: i used pic #3 as i felt it showed the whole card the best (pic #1 is awesome...but you can't see the champagne glasses!)

Dawn Wheeler said...

Stunning card ,very pretty ,Dawnx

Tracey said...

Great card - would have been ideal for the last challenge on PCJ

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites