Friday, May 10

Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #93 ~ Watercolour Girl

We've had a very busy May Bank holiday weekend, there was traditional maypole dancing, street dancing and all sorts, as well as races and carnival and fun fairs, but I managed to get a little creative time, finally, my studio is no where finished and my machine I've been waiting very patiently for arrived this week, yay, so I just need to set it up and I can try out some much needed laser cutting, Roger will be happy with his new friend(name still to be decided,lol)
ThiFortnight's challenge was a fun little sketch, I decided the tag on the sketch as the perfect mini canvas for my watercolour girl, and I love how the seam binding looks like it's meant to be a ribbon in her hair.
I have used the female face stamp along with only one ear, and the wavy central parting hairstyle. I used my own Daniel Smith watercolour custom palette, which just happen to have all my fave colours in.
The butterfly and sentiment were both heat embossed onto vellum, yum! fussy cut and stuck in place.
I also borrowed the freckles from the profile face, I used distress ink for a subtle look. You might just be able to make out the few leaves stamped in her hair too.
I have to admit it was totally inspired by this artist, as my mojo is still somewhat sluggish right now, and it's great to get a little creative kick.

Maybe you'll get a chance to join in the fun!


Click pics for links

Thank you so much for stopping by,
Enjoy a wonderfully creative weekend!
HuGs Kim x

No comments:

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites