Friday, June 8

Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #75 ~ Sketch

Hello, this fortnight's new challenge is a sketch, check out the Paperbabe Stamps blog for details...
Firstly I toned down the bright white card base with distress ink then used the new the 1cm strips stencil for the base. I secured masking tape on the fold of the card to mask the back and a little to hold the stencil at the bottom. I painted the stripes in black gesso using one of those sponge brush thingy, which gave the stripes a little arty look.
The semi circle piece I inked in the same tattered rose distress oxide as I used in the rose, then added white gesso through the polka dots stencil. I like how the gesso went mat when dry. I've cut up a die cut doily for the trim and added sewing detail with a pattern tracer wheel.
 The rose layers stamp set give the most gorgeous effect for the roses, I trimmed around them with a slight border, and used plenty of foam adhesive.
the sentiment was built from the birthday wishes set.

click pics for links

Enjoy a wonderfully creative weekend
HuGs Kim x



2 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

That stencil looks so striking using black and white. Fabulous composition.
Hugs Tracey xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful design! I love how you transformed the design into a card - amazing 😁. Wishing you a happy and creative week! J 😊 x

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites