Friday, May 11

Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #73 ~ Picture Inspiration

This Fortnight's new challenge is a picture inspiration so time to have some creative fun! Check out the Paperbabe Stamps blog for details...

Ok onto my project...
I was inspired by the female figure in the inspiration pic, my background reflects the ombre tones of her dress, which I created brayering distress oxide onto a gelli plate, the ink really goes along way, I love the soft blend.
I then drew directly on the inked background using the Wavy profile mixed media templates with the head and torso and the profile face stamp mini. I've stamped her facial features in grey ink to keep the palette soft
I loved the stark contrast of the figure's hair so kept that by colouring her wavy hair in copics. I hadn't stamped her ear yet and ended up hiding it under her hair, which I bet you wouldn't have noticed had I not said so now lol.
 I wanted to keep the ombre throughout the girl but decided to add The floral pattern to her torso which was created by stamping the adorable flowers from the Whimsical woodland set. I used the same distress oxides as the background, with a little red ink and white pen for the centres.
I loved the l little circle stamp in whimsical woodland set and added the details along the edges. I finished with a butterfly, and a sentiment built from the Birthday Wishes set.

click pics for direct links


Enjoy a wonderfully creative weekend
HuGs Kim x

1 comment:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a unique way to use the ombre of colour, I would never of thought of using it in such a way. The darkness of her hair really brings her out her skin tone and those wee stamps remind me of embroidery upon delicate organza. Amazing creation ever inspiring.
Creative Hugs Tracey xx

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites