Friday, January 5

Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #64 ~ Anything Goes


Good morning and Happy New Year,

We have the first challenge of 2018 on the Paperbabe Stamps blog today, and it's an anything goes.


I created this 12 x 12 mixed media background ages ago, I wanted to try something new, I was going for a galaxy look, it's hard to see just how many, many, many layers there are on this one.
The girl was created using the long loose wave template for her flowing hair along with the head and torso. I've given her quite a long neck, was going for an elegant look.
 The female face was stamped for her face, I went for a soft colour pallet all painted with acrylics, layered thinly and using a small paint brush. I think I haven't finished her eyes yet, must have been rushing(the usual).
I was pretty impressed with how well her top turned out, I used the leaf in the peony & bud stamp set, I stamped in grey ink first, painted the leaves in green and re-stamped over to define them. So the bow is from the rag tails template, and works so well on the edge of her top. I fussy cut her out before putting her on the galaxy background.


I'm entering this to a few other challenges...

Thanks for stopping by enjoy a wonderfully creative New Year!
HuGs Kim x


7 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

She's beautiful Kim, her eyes show natural beauty untouched with her top being the show piece. Super bow, I actually thought it was a substrate before taking a closer look. Amazing..
Have a Super Weekend Hugs Tracey xx

Deb said...

Wow, this is amazing Kim, I love how you use your stamps to create such unique one of a kind artwork!
many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!

Debxx

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely project, thanks for sharing with Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT xx

Craftyfield said...

Lovely the starry sky background! And the face is fantastic too. Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month!

Squiddy said...

That's a pretty lady indeed. Thanks for sharing at Dream In Darkness, where anything dark goes.

Teresa said...

Thanks so much for joining in with the challenge this month at Country View Challenges - good luck and hope to see you again. Teresa DT

Sammy said...

wow! This is really lovely! Thank you for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics this month. Sammy-x

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites