Friday, September 8

Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #56 ~ Anything Goes

Summer Holidays are over, not that there was much sun here, but we had some fun 'indoor days' that helped, rediscovering crafts with the children like polymer clay was lovely.

So, we have a new challenge on the Paperbabe Stamps blog today, it's anything goes so very open to creative experiments...
I was inspired by this amazing video by Sanda Reynolds I loved her process on the aquabord, which I've had in my stash for some time... I followed her background layering starting with the alcohol inks, not that I have many colours of those, they did turn a little muddy, but the gelatos really helped to brighten things up, then the acrylic paint on top of that.
I used the polka dot, and herringbone stencils to add depth and texture, some parts I've added paint through and some areas a little with removing paint.
I went for the Long loose wave and head and torso templates to create a mask over my background pattern, I used a little washi tape to hold them in the pose I wanted before painting the teal/aqua background, I then placed the other parts of the template in order and applied a little black ink with sponge applicator to create the depth and differentiate between shapes.
I stamped her face directly onto the patterned background, I used stabilo all pencils to add shadows, highlights and facial details.
The aquabord reminded me of the mini stampbord we use to use many moons ago and I loved the results when you scrapped some of the surface away so I gave it a go on this, to add some definition to her hair and touches of highlights. I added some speckles and a very fitting art quote with black ink.

I'm also entering this into a few other challenges...
Creative artiste ~ Anything Goes
Simon says stamp ~ Stamp it
Altered eclectics ~ Anything Goes
Use your stuff ~ No layouts or cards
Rhedd's Creative Spirit ~ Anything Goes
Day dreamer ~ Anything Goes
Word art wednesday ~ Anything Goes



click pics for direct links

Thanks for stopping by,
enjoy a wonderfully creative weekend
HuGs Kim x

14 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG Kim, I love this to bits and thank you very much once again! Hugs, Sanda xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This is spectacular Kim, I love the transprancey within the face and how the stencilled designs show through the hair line. Fabulous colour swatch. I really must take a look at Sandra's Video. Thank you so much for sharing.
Have a smashing weekend.
Hugs Tracey xx

Jo Nevill said...

Always so amazing and stunning Kim !

Lots of love to you and yours xxxx

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

DeBe said...

This is so beautiful Kim. The layers combine to create a wonderful shadowy effect which really enhances the beauty of both the girl and the whole piece. I will definitely be watching Sandra's video! Thank you for joining us at the Creative Artiste Mixed Media September Challenge. Good luck! Denyse x (DT)

FiKenward said...

Amazing piece http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/

missgailly said...

AB-SO-LUTE-LY STUNNING! WOW! Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

Amanda said...

This is stunning! So very well done! Thanks for joining us this week at Use Your Stuff! Amanda - DT

Sandra said...

Wow, this is stunning! Love it very much! The colors the layers the bits of patterns you've created. It's all so gorgeous, and so is she. She is a stamp (which I never would have guessed) that you really brought her to live and to do that you need some amazing skills which you most definitely have! Again, Wow! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

The Crafty Bat said...

wow wow wow. This is absolutely stunning piece of art work. Everything about it is stunning.
Thank you for joining us over at Day Dreamer Challenges
Kelly (DT)

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Beautiful! Truly, a work of art! Love the color choices and the layers you built up with the stencils!Thanks for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month.Good luck, Rupa.

SewPaperPaint said...

I didn't even know tools existed to build a face like this, how fun! Your layering of colors and patterns is so beautiful! Biggest congrats on being in the SSS spotlight! Hugs, Autumn

Sandra Wright. said...

This is so lovely..the colour palette is so pretty.
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this month at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x

Rocky said...

I absolutely love the stencil pattern that comes through on her hair and face, it's gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing her with us at Altered Eclectics.

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

such talent you have there - love it.Such a beautiful hat you have made and love the gothis feel. Thank you for sharing with us over at Altered Eclectics and Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you in future challenges
DT - Rhedd's Creative Spirit
Mother Hen - Eclectic Ellapu
Mother Hen - Altered Eclectic
Personal Blog - Handcrafted by Ellapu

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites