Friday, October 9

Paperbabe Stamps Challenge ~ Frankie Doll

Good Morning wonderful people, I hope you are well, it has been a while, home life is pretty busy right now but I certainly found a bit of time to make something for the next challenge on the Paperbabe stamps blog, today...

It's an anything goes and I went a little Halloween crazy and created my very own Frankie Doll lol!

So, I started off by spritzing the canvas background with some scrumptious dylusions spray inks, yum! 
I drew around my fabulous mini mixed media templates;
First the flick and fringe hair, I then mixed it up a bit and borrowed the fringe from the short and fringe templates, I love how easy it is to change.
Next was simply drawing the head and torso, I opted for the slim head shape, it's still my go to shape.

I painted the skin first, in a mix of green acrylics this could definitely be used for other spooky characters like a witch, zombie, I can't wait to get messy trying other multi coloured skin girlies!
I stamped her facial features using the mini doll face set, I opted for different coloured eyes(of course).

So, I painted gesso on some old old book pages, which I used to create the hand using the mini hand template and the same green paints as the skin. I also used this same paper for her stripy dress.
 The Best Version quote sentiment stamp, I thought very fitting, rotfl! I heat embossed in orange embossing powder on tissue paper but it didn't quite disappear on the black stripes, shame.

Then it was just a matter of adding all those special finishing touches, like her stitching, the needle and thread in her hand and of course the very important neck bolts for receiving extra energy!!!(think I could do with some)

Well, I thought I would enter my mixed media piece to these current challenges, I was so pleased to discover these, it took some searching out, it's great to see the mixed media creativity growing!

Kim Dellow ~ Show your face
Mixed Media Monthly Challenge ~ Word Search (Orange & Purple)
Mixed Media Mojo ~ Halloween
Anything but cute challenge ~ 31 days of Halloween
Decoart Mixed media blog ~ Haunts Challenge
Altered Eclectics ~ Anything Goes
The Mirror crack'd ~ Tic Tac Halloween
That Craft Place ~ Mixed Media Anything Goes

There is also still plenty of time to enter our Design Team call, just click the picture to take you to all the details.
The entries so far have been wonderful, thank you!

Thanks for stopping by, we have a new release coming next week, 
so see you then!
Enjoy a wonderfully creative day!

Hugs Kim x




22 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

she is absolutely brilliant!! And you certainly have a way of using all your various templates beautifully.

Gibby Frogett said...

She's fantastic! Great colours and textures - love her different coloured eyes.... Gill x

artbyjune said...

A lovely Halloween theme! Just right for the time of year. I adore her big eyes.

Julie Lee said...

Brilliant, Frankenstein monster girl! I love her eyes too. xxx

Suz said...

She is wonderful! I love your colors and the fact that she is spooky but girly.

Dea Lenihan said...

She's adorable! perfect for the season.

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

what a wonderful project - I need to check those products you describe more closely - I think it is something I could use.
thanks for sharing

Barb Housner (DT Mixed Media Mojo)

Lula said...

This is a breathtaking piece Kim... Just G*O*R*G*E*O*U*S !
Thanks for sharing it with us over at The Mirror Crack'd.
oxo

Riswana Fathima said...

Wow.. A stunning artwork... The colors are so rich & go very well together & not to mention the amazing details.. Was a pleasure seeing this fab project & knowing the details :)

Unknown said...

I very much enjoyed seeing this beautiful piece. She is stunning. Thank you for posting her online so we could enjoy seeing her.

Giggles said...

She is stunning...my kind of whimsical Halloween art!! Amazing!!!

Hugs Giggles

hazel said...

This is fabulous, thank you for sharing it with us at Mixed Media Mojo.
xxx Hazel.

chrissie said...

An amazing face, gentle but scary all at the same time

Love Chrissie xx

Sam Lewis said...

I love this so much! Thank you for joining us for the challenge over on the That Craft Place Challenge Blog..
xxSAMxx TCP Design Team.
❤My Blog❤
❤That Craft Place Challenge Blog❤
❤That Craft Place on Facebook❤

Kim Dellow said...

Adore! Super cool Kim :) Thank you for linking up to Show Your Face and for the shout out too. Kx

Astrid Maclean said...

Oops, really sorry I am so late with commenting.... this is amazing, what a wonderful project! Fantastic spookiness! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Mixed Media Monthly!

Lisa - papergrace said...

She is gorgeous!! Love all the details that you put into her to really make her MORE unique - eye color, the text paper, even subtleties like the shading. Absolutely beautifully done. Thank you so VERY much for linking up with us at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge. xo

jenndub71 said...

I love it! It is very suiting not only for the challenge --- wall hangings but Halloween as well! Happy Halloween this is great and thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Mirror Crack'd!!

Vickie Y said...

Fabulous project; very creative. Thank you for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics October Challenge

Unknown said...

Great use of colors this is such a fun walll hanging. Its perfect for halloween,. Thank you for your entry at The Mirror Crack'd.

Rachel said...

the most beautiful frankenstein i ever did see! she's lovely... the coloring is fab. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Lin said...

Oh my goodness Kim this is just fabulous. The colours are rich and vibrant and perfect for your halloween theme. Love how you have turned one of your fabulous doll templates into Frankie. She is so cute.

Thanks for sharing this with us

Lin
The Mirror Crack'd

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites