Friday, June 12

Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #14 ~ Anything Goes

It's 'Anything Goes' over on the Paperbabe Stamps challenge today...
and I thought I should practice my art skills using the Mini Mixed Media Templates
I opted for the Loose Plait hairstyle, along with the head and torso templates.
The face was created using the Mini Doll Face Stamp set which was also used for the hearts, the dots on her lace collar, the circles and dots in the background... a set for many uses! Which is pretty great!
I painted my mixed media piece on a canvas board, it's not my favourite surface, I find the texture is very challenging, although from a distance this looks how I imagined it's meant to but not when it's close up! lol.
Dillon, my son has been eyeing up my stamps and templates and coming up with all sorts of creative ideas, bless him. He worked on this, with a little guidance from me on painting techniques etc... he was very pleased with the result, as am I, so I had to share really?

I would like to enter this into a few other challenges, like:


Thanks so much for stopping by, there's still time to enter my mixed media class giveaway... here!!! enjoy a wonderfully creative day!
HuGs Kim x


19 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Both are so lovely ! Great faces !
oxo
FROEBELSTERNCHEN
ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE
MOO-MANIA & MORE -CHALLENGE

Kim Dellow said...

Hey lovely Kim, totally gorgeous! And fab work Dillon too! Thanks for linking up to Show Your Face and for the shout out :) Have a lovely week. Kx

Julie Lee said...

Really beautiful faces from both of you! They both seem to possess the same magical quality! xx

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Both of these works are stunning. I think you son has an eye for painting.

Linda Kunsman said...

Of course you had to share-talent runs in the family:) Super portraits both!

Anonymous said...

that background colour works very well

jenn shurkus said...

this is gorgeous!!!

artbyjune said...

Lovely!

Giggles said...

Love both yours and Dillions! Excellent work...love the two sweet faces!!

Hugs Giggles

Nancy Ball said...

Stunning!

Teresa Kline said...

hello Kim! WOW, super amazing coloring....luv the very cool background too! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Clare Lloyd said...

She is gorgeous.

Unknown said...

She is beautiful!! I love the colors and I really like the texture of the canvas she is on! Your son did an amazing job with his stamp as well! My kids have been digging into my stamps this summer too! Love it! Thank you so much for playing with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Jo Nevill said...

Absolutely stunning Kim and a massive well done to you too Dillon !

Thank you both for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Donna B. said...

What a fun canvas, she is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fantastic art work!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Ayala Art said...

Lovely!

Judy McKay said...

Lovely canvas. Very pretty art work. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics this month. Hope to see your beautiful art work back here again soon. Judy DT

Rachel said...

this is just such an eye catching piece! i love it so much, and the colors are great. and LOVE what your son worked on too! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge and celebrating our first birthday!!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites