Well, I've used just a few masking techniques on my card... The card base, was first sprayed with glimmer mist to give a subtle colour and then I used Tim Holtz Floret Mini Mask for the corners, so while they were in place I went over with masking tape and used distress inks to create stripes. Finished with an overall glimmer spray to soften the lines, more distressed.
The main image is cut from nestabilities labels 8, inked with distress inks and Wendy's text stamp. I wanted to try something new (for me...) just had the idea in my head and had to try, LOL! I poured some masking fluid onto my non stick sheet and pressed the botany image from fairytale frenzy and stamped over the text piece. When masking fluid was dry I went in with distress inks and blending sponges to really bring out the contrast against the mask, stamped the corners using bitty grunge then rubbed away the masking fluid to reveal a white area. I then re-stamped the botany in distress ink right over the white area, it's given a halo.
While I the masking fluid was waiting to dry I made a lollipop flower, have wanted to make these for ages.. so first I die cut six flowers from lining fabric and sprayed with glimmer mists then heated the edges with a candle flame till they curled.
The butterfly was stamped on separate piece of card, cut out and adorned with adhesive pearls and stickles glitter. Hope it inspires and why not pop round the rest of the team to see their masking techniques!!!