Monday, April 19

Monday Mania - Gift box and Cards


Good Morning, I managed to grab a little crafting time yesterday, as well as fun out in the sunshine with the children, seeing as the OH finished his shift, soooo nice and I got myself the fabulous new Spotlight stamp kit... All I can say is WOW the quality and stunning design is so awesome!!! I'm not much of a scrapbooker but so love this set, will use it for many cards I think!!! Today's Challenge over at Club Anya & Friends is to create a gift and card... I've combined the two hee hee!!
I have made a gift box to hold some stamped note-cards. Very simple inch depth box, simply covered with a little patterned paper and adorned with some shrink plastic embellishments and the fantastic heart tab tag (love).
I decided the butterfly in the kit was a little large for my design, so went striaght for the shrink plastic! they are adorable little embellishments I added a little bling too! This is the close up of Anya on shrink plastic I have coloured her the same as the note-cards and created a dinky chain from links.
I have created four little note-cards to fit in my box... each needs turning 90 degrees to allow for the thickness of the butterfly... LOL! The front I have cut the edge with 'on the edge' die.
I have stamped the adorable cute Anya and masked her off... to then stamp the textured strip image over the top in distress inks. While the mask is still in place I have inked the edges with distress inks and my blending tool.
I really tried to create a very soft colour pallette using the markers I have in my collection (I have requested the new pale pastel set for my birthday (tee hee). Managed to colour all four very quickly this way, less is more hey?
Can you believe I even managed to decorate this inside of my cards too? Woo hoo! I used some patterned paper, a little distress ink blending and one of the fabulous sentiments in the kit for the message!

Supplies: Patterned Paper: BasicGrey: Kioshi; PTI: Kraft card; frosted Shrink Plastic;
Stamps: The Greeting Farm: Spotlight stamp Kit;
Ink: Memento & Archival: black; Copic: markers*; distress inks*; inkessential white;
Dies: Sizzix: Tim Holtz ON the edge: Brackets;
Other: Adhesive stones; natural twine; chain links; 3D foam;

*Skin: E000, 02, eye's: B41, Hair: E50, 51 Outfit: V01, YG91, E40 for shadows and I use my colourless Blender throughout. *Old paper; bundled sage;

Thank you so much for stopping by I hope you pop over and see the rest of the design teams gorgeous creations, HuGs Kim :)

10 comments:

Julie said...

What a gorgeous set!! Love the soft colours you've chosen and the stamped background looks superb!! Great idea to used the bracket edge to shape the card too!! Lots of ideas and inspiration here - thanks! Juliex

♥Rach♥ said...

BEAUTIFUl set Kim! Love the earth tones and it's just so darn cute and definitely worth the work you put in :0)

Martine said...

oh wow darlin this is just .... WOW, i am always in awe at your creations sweetie, you have such clever ideas and everything you create is just amazing, i sooo wish i had even half of your talent darlin, but again wow this is truly stunning, everything is perfect :)

xx

Martine

WickedPixie said...

OH MY.....Really? You AMAZE me! This card set is SO beautiful and has so many AMAZING details! I really am in love with it!! :-)Traci

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely set!

Katy said...

So pretty Kim - I love the colours. Someone will be very pleased to receive this :).

Carolyn said...

Wow Kim, what a darling set. I love the images. Your paper is so pretty.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Kelly Schelske said...

What a fabulous set, great job Kim, I love it!

Tasha said...

Wow what a beautiful gift set, its really lovely
love tasha xx

Amy said...

This whole set just takes my breath away Kim! I love, love, love the soft and delicate color palette you used, it's so pretty! :)

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites