Saturday, February 6

Basic Grey Challenges - Sketch and Copic Creations.



Now onto my second post today... phew, please scroll down to see my Craft Stamper magazine post too :)
Well Martine has provided us with a fabulous sketch for Basic Grey challenges and I decided to combine my card with the Copic Creation challenge #21 feather Blending too...
Amy has wow'd us again with her magical pen skills and I could not resist her adorable sprite called Darby!!!
So, realised I feather blend my copic markers for nearly all my character's hair so found this quite an easy technique. I wanted a soft fairytale like colour scheme although I think it's VERY on the pink side... I blended the colours on her dress, (as I couldn't find my masking fluid I went over the dots with my colourless blender) her sprite boots and the little flower.
Also I have given my little sprite a generous spraying of glimmer mist as you can NEVER have enough spritely glittery magic, tee hee! You can probably see it better by clicking on the close up!


Supplies: Patterned Paper: BG: Porcelain; PTI: Kraft; Stamps: Sweet November: Darby; PTI: sentiment; Ink: Printer; Archival: black; Copic: markers; Tattered Angels: glimmer mist; Die's: Sizzix: Flower dasiy's; frame; Cuttlebug: scallop circle; Other: Zva: adhesive pearls; BG: buttons; Foof a la: buttons; John Lewis: ribbon; Lace; 3D foam;
Thanks for stopping by and hoping to have more to post Monday, if you have the chance there's a fabulous sketch over at Club Anya and Friends blog too... BiG HuGs have a wonderful fun weekend!!! Kim :)

25 comments:

Claireabelle said...

Gorgeous card Kim, I love those colours
x

MarkerGeek said...

Stunning, Kim. Love the soft colours, and the pearls! The sentiment is fab too!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the CraftCrave Scrapbooking Challenges & Competitions search engine today (look for timestamp: [06 Feb 03:00pm GMT]).

Amy said...

OMGosh, this is beautiful Kim! Love these colors with the pearls and lace! Your coloring is fabulous and that sentiment...perfect!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This is sooo beauitiful Kim!! Love the soft colours, and your colouring and the papers all very WOW.
Kristy x

Danni said...

This is so pretty! Love it!

MicheyMoo said...

Awww Kim....I absolutely love how you've coloured Darby!! So soft and gorgeous and totally right!!

Gorgeous card. xxx M

Emma said...

This is just gorgeous kim! Love the pinks and I have to agree that you can never have too much glimmer!!

Jo Nevill said...

Just bootiful Kim, so very fairy like. Gorgeous BG papers to go with it too. Love that frame behind her and how you have coloured her.

Have a great week.

Hugs,

Jo xxxx

Anthea said...

This is so sweet and girly, Kim-love those BG papers and the image is such a sweetie. You have created a beautiful card,

Antheaxo

Anonymous said...

Brim over I to but I think the collection should secure more info then it has.

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Sooo very adorable Kim!! Love how you colored this adorable sprite! Love the senitment too!

WickedPixie said...

Kim, this is gorgeous! I think I must not ever use the feathering technique (I am way heavy handed!) because I would sometimes like to get this gorgeous coloring that you have on her dress here and have not had much luck! :-)Traci

Heather said...

Hi Kim, this is totally gorgeous. I love the soft colours and your fabulous colouring of that adorable image. Stunning details.
hugs Heather xx

Chris said...

Hi ya Kim, hope you're well sweetie and WOW your card is so beautiful! Love the stamp and your merged copic colouring is fantastic. Been having a little catch up on your blog and I can't wait to get Craft Stamper and have a look at your flock class, your little snippets look wonderful. Hope you've had a good weekend. Big hugs, Chris xx

~amy~ said...

how absolutely darling Kim!!

Kelly Schelske said...

So beautiful Kim!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this Kim!!! So Perfect and Sweet!!!!

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh Kim this is just peachy,smile! I adore this sweet sprite image!!! she is just a cutie patootie! Your colouring is soooooo beautiful hun as always and I am totally intrigued to learn what feather blending is now!!! Great BG papers and colours and that frame shape is fabulous!!! love everything about this card!
Hugs,t

gobeagirl said...

Hi Kim, this is adorable! She looks so happy to be in the middle of those flowers and swirls made pearls. Hugs, Lisa

1LuvnMama said...

I luv the vintage feel to this card! :) Nicely done!

Unknown said...

Beatiful coloring! Love these new images.

LORi said...

Lovely!!!Great Color scheme!!
TFS!!

Hugs - LORi

mycardz said...

Very cute card! Great job on the feather blending too. Thanks for joining us at the Copic Creations challenge! hugz, Mary

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites