Wednesday, November 18

Flapper Anya in a Spin

Good morning everyone,
Wanted to share my post for Club Anya. I just love to create a different dimension to a card and here flapper Anya is in a spin, tee hee. I have stamped Anya once then without re inking stamped again to give a faint outline. You will want it on two pieces of paper so that when you colour it won't bleed through to the front. Next it's time to use your light box (or window, empty picture frame over lamp) and your creative imagination to draw the back of Anya. Lay the faint image down and trace on the back...

The main differences is the hair and her hand, which will be behind the dress. I didn't do the feather on the back piece either, less fiddly the better hey? Next it's time to cut out both anya's, mine just about matched up you can trim till they do. I have adhered a little fishing line down the centre of Anya and sandwiched it between the two. Now Anya can spin in the circle aperture.

The wonderful Dawn has designed a fantastic sketch over at Inspirational Card Sketches and so I just had to take the oportunity to take part again!




Supplies: Patterned Paper: BasicGrey; eskimo kisses; glitter card; Stamps: TGF: Flapper Anya; Ink: Memento: Black; Copic: markers; glitter spica; Dies: Nestabilities: circles; Cuttlebug: snowflake; Fiskars: border punch; Other: Foof a la: buttons; Satin Ribbon; Fishing line(invisible thread); 3D foam;

A totally fun thing to do is spin Anya round quite a few times before placing in the envelope then she will turn round and round when the recipient opens up the card... just magic LOL! Wanted to share something fun to try out when your new stamps arrive, I hope it inspires and thanks for stopping by today, HuGs Kim :)


note: I have made a little video of me colouring the hair. Ok I wanted to post it today too but I'm just struggling to get it to the computer. I'm hoping to sort it by the end of the day so bear with me it's my first EVER video.... thanks :)

24 comments:

marley said...

cute card! thanks for joining us at ics!!

SemSee said...

Hi Kim! I just saw this over at Club Anya, so I HAD to pop on over and tell you how blooming AMAZING your card is! The way you've drawn the back of Anya is out of this world! You ROCK!! Hugs, Sem x

~amy~ said...

OMGoodness Kim....this rocks...I love it!!! You never cease to amaze me!

Pam Varnell said...

This is so amazing Kim. Your tutorial is great!!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent with us. You are very inspirational!! Hugs.

Jessica Diedrich said...

SHUT UP!!!! And you KNOW I mean that in the nicest way! I CANNOT even get over this!!!! This is PURE perfection-holy cow. I LOVE LOVE LOVE what you did!!!!

Kelly Booth said...

WOW Kim...this is Super Duper Cute and Creative...Love everything about this card!!!!

Lacey said...

OMG!! This is just CRAZY awesome!! Your back image is PERFECT!! And you drew that yourself?!
~Lacey

amanda stokes said...

wow gorgeous card Kim and what a clever idea!
hugs amanda x

Kim said...

Awesome card!

Jo Nevill said...

Oh my goodness me, do you have to show us these fantasic cards !!!! Wow is all I can say, you are just soooo amazing you fantastic lady !!

Now, go away like a good girl and make something terrible ! hehehehehe !

Love ya,

Jo xxx

Debs said...

Wow totally amazing, how clever thank you for sharing this with us. Hope you get you video online, thanks for joining us at ics this week.
Debs

Vicky said...

Amazing card Kim, so glad you could join in at ICS this week. :)x

WickedPixie said...

Kim! What a brilliant idea (and gorgeous too!) :-)Traci

Danni said...

Wow!! This is stunning and so creative! Awesome job!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Kim. This is just too adorable..I love the idea and you did such an excellent job on her...Have a great evening. Lisa G

MicheyMoo said...

WOW!! Cutest thing I've seen all day!! Fabulous idea.
I love it!! I'm gonna have to give it a go one day.....wish I had the time to do it immediately (then again...I've only just ordered the stamp from TGF, so am gonna have to wait until it arrives here anyways). :)

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous and what a wonderful job with the back of the Anya girl, not sure I could do such perfect work.
Luv
Debby

Sparkle and Flourish said...

oooooohhh myyyy...you are too talented!! Love love love how you ahve drawn the back of her. I wouldn't even attempt to do that. Your colouring is awesome! hugs Judy xx

Amy said...

You are beyond creative Kim, I just can't get over how cool of an idea this is and you did an amazing job executing it! And thanks for the tip of winding her up first... gonna have to remember that! :)

Lou Sims said...

Super card Kim - love popping over to your blog to admire your gorgeous projects. Many thanks for joining in with ICS this week.

Lou
x

Anna Zaprzelska said...

Beautiful! Amazing idea for a card!
Thanks for joining in with ICS this week.
Greetings from Poland,
Brises

Wishcraft said...

Oh wow what a fabulous card! Brilliant idea! Lisa x

Tasha said...

Stunning card - lovely concept and fab execution! Love the colours
love tasha xx

jo said...

Great card Kim,love your colouring!!

Jo x

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites