Tuesday, February 10

Inspirational Card Sketches #3

At the wonderful Inspirational Card Sketches blog it's our second week and sketch challenge #3


This is a great & easy sketch by the fabby Dawn to follow and then this paper did most of the work for me. Love the colours and the pattern, the pages are double sided so lovely on an acetate card!
I have gone for a manly card, quite pleased with the result it wasn't how I imagined. I am so happy with the foam alphabet, the "super cool" is a rubon, as is the damask (representing one of the semi circles).
The die cut swirl in the collection kit I was thinking of like a spring and added the paper gear with a small brad, I have created layers using 3D foam. Acetate cards are not easy to photograph!


click images to enlarge

Materials:
Paper: Crate paper - Static collection kit, funky foam - cream, textured pearl - brown
Stamps: None used rubons - American crafts mini marks Accessories book two,
Die's: Sizzix - broadway alphabet, gears, Nestabilities square, circles,
Ink: colourbox - white,
Other: Letraset sticky sheet, 3D foam (black and white), small brad, WRMK - designer gromlets - party!
hope you will join in and make your own card using the wonderful sketch. Remember you can turn, flip or do anything you like with the sketch. And it's even easier to show us your wonderful creations using Mr. Linky that way we can see your creations directly!!!

Thanks for stopping by and am really looking forward to your creations,
Happy HuGs Kim x

16 comments:

Katy said...

Love this card Kim! Its so different and looks fab :)

xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim...
`Wow` I love your card...It`s great to see male cards ..TFI....
Love the colours very masculine...
Fantastic for any man!!!
`Super Cool`
Have a lovely Day:)~X~

Pearl said...

fabulous male card ! love all your attention to detail !

~amy~ said...

LOVE it...I just love all that goodness on the acetate...fabulous work!

Ali Watson said...

Fabulous card, love your take on the sketch.

Olena said...

Nice card!!! Fabulous card! ~Olena~

Tricia said...

absolutely WONDERFUL card! love the layers. So different! Have a terrific day!

Fink said...

It is lovely! I love the clear card idea! I have to get some of this and try my hand at it!

Kelly Schelske said...

So cool Kim, it's fabulous!!

Hugs, Kelly

Marcea said...

I just love your take on this weeks sketch. It is so hard to make male cards but you have done an outstanding job!!
-x-

Stamp-o-maticmama said...

this is such a cool card!

Jessica Smith said...

Wow I love this card. It's amazing.

Dawn said...

Another beauty Kim!
Oh I just can't get on with acetate - it hates me!!! LOL
Amazing creation!

Dawn

debby4000 said...

Oh wow what an amazing card, breathtaking.

Sammi said...

Nice one!!

Janna said...

So, so cool!!! I love the different embellishments you used and the fact that you made an acetate card!! Really have to give this a try! I am inspired now!

SMiles,
janna

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites