Sunday, June 1

Butterfly Glitters

I was trying for a one layer card, and created the butterfly separate. I stamped the base card to create the blossom background. I'm really pleased with how this turned out. I gave the background some dimension by punching small blooms in vellum and gluing in place and using sakura stardust in the center of each, to disguise the gluing!


I stamped the butterfly image onto acetate with staz on. I adhered to doubled sided adhesive sheet. Then trimmed the butterfly, next i turned it over and pulled only a little of the backing paper to then sprinkle on glitter and rub it to make sure it's truly stuck. I pulled a little more of the protective sheet and applied a little more glitter (different colour) rubbing in to stick. Then I lifted the what was left and used a different colour glitter. I love this effect just click on the images to get a real close up of sparkle!

click images to enlarge!


Materials:
Paper: Acetate, PM Pink vellum,
Die's/punches: Small tiny flower.
Stamps:
PTI out on a limb & PTI Butterfly Kisses.
Ink: Black Staz on, Colourbox greens and pinks, sakura stardust.
Other:
Doubled sided adhesive sheet, glitters, 3d foam black, glue pen.
Thanks for visiting, pop back soon for more! HuGs Kim x

8 comments:

Sammi said...

Oh wow Kim!! It's absolutely stunning! :) fantastic job :)

Crissi Harvey said...

wow kim stunning card love what you did.

Thanks for joing in with the Arty girlz challenge.

crissi xx

Juliet said...

Gorgeous card Kim, so delicate - must have taken ages to create. I love the Owl card below - saw it on Charmed Forum.
Juliet x

Yesenia ( yesy) said...

i love butterfly...

Rima said...

WOW Kim this is absolutely stunning!!!

Hey check out the winners of my blog candy :)

x
Rima

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my goodness, this is STUNNING!!! I'm absolutely in love with this card. Congrats on winning Rima's challenge Kim! It doesn't surprise me at all! Your work is so wonderful! Enjoy your day!! :)

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful Kim:)x

Nany said...

wow I like it many times......

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites