Friday, December 18

May Your Days be Magic ♥

Hello everyone!!!
Hope you're keeping well and safe just one more week to go until a very unusual first lockdown Christmas day, lets hope your days are full of magic ♥...

I wanted to pop by to share a little mid challenge inspiration, there is still plenty of time to take part in our current Anything Goes challenge as we're running it until 8th Jan...

I had the idea to make some elves using the new face dies and stamps...
I created four (for now), I simply doodled a fun tall hat to accommodate a dl(slimline)size card, no straight lines, you could fold the patterned paper over to recreate this on a smaller sized card blank.
I had fun inking up the background with distress oxides, I blended weathered wood, into evergreen bough into speckled egg. I then stamped a subtle pattern with a couple of swirls and some speckles in the opposite blend of oxides(if that makes sense?)
The faces were simply coloured in with watercolour pen and a touch of glitter. The hats I finished off with some rediscovered filigree liquid which I am super impressed is still fluid and working in the texture department.
I have die cut a heart, and it turned upside down to give the impression of a collar. I finished the card with a mix of sentiments to complete the theme.

I also would love to enter into these wonderful challenges too...
Mix it up ~ Anything Goes/CAS
A Bit more time to Craft ~ Anything Goes
Paper fun day ~ Anything Goes with Xmas twist.
Sunday stamps ~ Sketch
Global design project ~ Winter/Holiday
Dies R Us ~ Winter/Face, ear and heart dies
Paperbabe Stamps ~ Anything Goes


click for links...

---------- ~ • ~ ---------- ~ ♥ ~ ---------- ~ • ~ ----------

Enjoy a wonderfully creative, happy and magical Christmas!
Stay safe ♥ HuGs Kim

4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh wow, what a fun take on our sketch - love these! So many fun hats, brilliant! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Kathy Krug said...

Fabulous designs. Thanks for sharing with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us often.

Kathy
DRU DT

Donna Walls said...

Fun Elf faces and I love the different designer paper hats. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenges and Happy Holidays! Donna, DT

Judy McKay said...

Lovely work. Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Judy McKay DT TTCRD
In Search of My Creative Side

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites