Wednesday, January 9

Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #90 ~ allow yourself to be a beginner

I'm a bit late posting my latest project, for our current challenge.
It's my first art journal page of 2019 so in itself a pretty good achievement for me... I'm just taking a little break from packing to share a few more pictures and hope it inspires you too....
I started with a rough plan which I like to just doodle on copy paper, means I can adjust parts that will or will not fit on my pages. I also test colours on this page too.
I drew the girl first, stamped and painted her face in watercolours, to keep a softness to her.
I was pleased how the background came out, I simply stamped the leaf images in grey distress oxide ink randomly over the page, I had to try very hard not to make a repeat pattern or have the leaves in an orderly design. I then filled in the gaps with dots from the birthday wishes set, I love how you can take elements from other designs, so all your stamp sets can be given a little love.
here I wanted to show how versatile the hair templates can be, by simply turning the curly trails in a different direction you can create endless possible styles. I flipped the template over to draw the curl in the gap, and also moved in down slightly too. I also used the fringe from the wavy bunches template.
I started with the portrait face but wanted her body slightly angled so use the profile torso and drew her arm forward to create a different shoulder look.
I finished off with some doodling on the pink painted background with a metallic posca pen, and hand drew the sentiment which fitted with our theme of new (being a beginner)and fresh starts(first art journal page of 2019). I used a white posca pen to add sparkle to her clothing.

Click pics for links

Thank you so much for stopping by,
I hope you enjoy a wonderfully creative New Year.
HuGs Kim x

No comments:

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites