Friday, September 14

Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #82 ~ Theme ~ Stars

 Hello, delighted you've stopped by today,
we have a new fortnightly challenge over at the Paperbabe Stamps blog...
So, I created this bowl, using airdry clay, 
I sculpted the shape over a metal mixing bowl, with a reasonably thin wall.
I then pressed the lovely doodle stars into the soft clay, added a few holes as I knew I wanted to add embellishments.
When it was dry I painted the outside with fantasy moon paints, this is my first time trying this medium, quite a fun challenge.
I've painted a few layers of gold acrylics to the inside of my bowl before adding the sentiment and gold stars using the tissue paper technique as trying to get an image to stamp inside such a vessel would be pretty tricky.
I used some black acrylic mixed with glaze medium to add some depth to the depressed stars and make them pop a little.
Now it's deciding what yummy treasures to put inside.


Thank you so much for stopping by,
Enjoy a wonderfully creative weekend,
HuGs Kim x


2 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

An AMAZING bowl! Gorgeous!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This is the first chance I have had to pop on over and take a closer look at this stunning bowl Kim.
What a clever make, the shape is so smooth and the stamps have left the perfect impression in the clay. The colours and embellishments really add impact.
I hope it takes pride of place in the home, this would make a fabulous gift filled with chocolates at Christmas.
Sunday Hugs Tracey xx

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites