Friday, May 19

Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #48 ~ Picture Inspiration!

We have a new challenge on the Paperbabe Stamps blog today...
Yay! It's an inspiration picture so....
here's mine...
I nearly didn't get this done, it's been quite a week, I had a smashing show with Hochanda on Monday with a few sell outs, thank you wonderful viewers. I'm still working through some orders that I need to make additional stock for, so nearly there.
Right, my mixed media piece... I was inspired by both the colour palette and the lovely daisies.
I have used acrylic paints to paint the ornate frame, I simply mixed the colours directly onto the substrate, for a textured look. The hair I had already started painting for a tv demo and it seemed a shame not to use it, so I finished her really.
I had a few issues with her face this time because I had painted it in acrylics first and then rubbed out some of the pencil reference marks which made the paint surface too slick to take coloured pencils. So I then had to add a layer of pastel ground to reapply my colours. I also went for purple eye's, not sure they work well with the rest of the colour palette?
Ok, so it's taken me six months to unpack my die cutting machine, and a perfect opportunity to enjoy some very old dies I've been collecting(hoarding) all these years, they're probably vintage now lol! I've cut this large daisy from grey board and painted with gesso, and a hint of acrylics, the centre is glitter paper, that I have added extra glitter with stickles, yum.
I added the polka dots to her top with some embossing paste through my polka dot stencil, and hung her outside just to show that the sun was shining...
I think she would need quite a few layers of varnish to be an outdoorsy girl lol!


click pics for direct links
 

Thanks for stopping by
Enjoy a wonderfully Creative Weekend
HuGs Kim x



1 comment:

Redanne said...

Oh my, Kim, she is gorgeous, I just love her purple eyes and gorgeous hair!! Hugs, Anne xx

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites