Wednesday, April 20

Paperbabe Stamps ~ Male Face and Mixed media Templates

Morning! today we are showcasing the new manly face stamps and mixed media templates over on the Paperbabe Stamps blog today...

Are you ready for a couple of arty samples...

This would be a great journal page, I thought it was about time I used some gelli prints that I had created a while ago...
I followed the steps to draw the head, torso and hairstyle, I used a black posca pen so I could see the lines on this busy paper. 

 I stamped his facial features with black ink, the eye layers in a blue and green ink and then coloured the image with coloured pencils, there's a mix of blue, black, red and lots of white to burnish and highlight. The pencils helped to keep the gelli print texture.

To make him pop from the busy background I have used a copic marker to give a shadow around him, then finished off with some inking through a stencil and stamped the sentiment.

 This really was an experiment, and although I do like the finish and technique, it just needs a bit more work. But I think this would make a great quick arty manly card. I added interest with Spritz & speckles and birthday wishes stamp sets.
It's very close to doodling just lots of cross hatch lines, I've mixed up the colours all over the face. It really was a very quick card to put together, the fine pens are Derwent Graphik, I love their range.

maybe pop by my fellow Team blogs and check out their handsome men projects...


Thank you very much for stopping by and I hope you will return tomorrow to do it all again but smaller!!!

Enjoy a wonderfully creative day!
HuGs Kim & the Team x

1 comment:

Redanne said...

OMGoodness Kim, both of the men are fantastic but the first one - WOW, it is utterly breathtaking. Very impressive indeed. Love these... Hugs, Anne xx

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites