Tuesday, August 11

ICSketches #29 ~ Short Cuts

I'm still away in Dorset, and enjoying my little break, having fun with my two adorable little ones and OH Steve. This post is scheduled so hope it has worked and this is Tuesday... as this is the day for my DT card for Inspirational Card Sketches...




Well, Tricia has designed our super sketch for this week! Please go and have a look at the prize on offer too, as we have another Fantastic sponsor for this week by ShortCuts.

So I happened along this fabulous artist blog Maurie J Manning at digital pencil too while blurfing and just had to download one of her beautifully drawn images...

This I have printed in a 'notecut' from shortcuts for my central image, I have coloured using my copic markers and embellished the water with my spica glitter pen you may just glimpse that in one of the close ups. (Click to enlarge in new window). I then layered the finished image onto different card stock and adhered to the front of the card with 3d foam.

Seeing as I was using these adorable October Afternoon papers I thought that their stamps would coordinate perfectly... can you just see the baby boy enjoying those ducks chatting about who goes first to the paddling pool for a swim, LOL?



Supplies: Patterned Paper: October Afternoon: Ducks in a Row; Stamps: free summer baby: digital pencil too; October Afternoon: Ducks in a Row; PTI: alphabet; Ink: Momento: Black; colourbox; markers: copic; spica; inkssentials white; Die's: Sizzix: alphabet; Fiskars: threading water; Other: tracer; cereal box card; double sided adhesive sheet; notecut: shortcuts; 3D foam;


Thanks for stopping by hopefully the sun is shinning where you are and please God where I am too, HuGs Y Kim :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

aaww this is adorable....I love the papers,Ive just bought them recently and nearly used them all!

Carolyn said...

What a gorgeous card. I love this little guy. He's so cute. Your attention to detail is wonderful. I just bought this paper myself.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Olena said...

Cute card! Just love it! ~Olena~

Liz Weber said...

Hi Kim, your card is the sweetest most adorable card - love what you did with the image and the notecard shape and the oh so cute paper is just perfect!

Hope you are having a good week!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

OK, SO I LOVE your card! REally ~ WOW!!! the coloring is amazing. Adorable papers and the sentiment is too precious!

Regina said...

I love all the little details! beautiful!

Jo Nevill said...

Hope you are enjoying your hols - you have great weather for it this week.

Fantastic card Kim. Love the OA papers and you always use the most fantastic lettering ! Great image too.

Enjoy the rest of your hols.

Hugs,

Jo x

Fink said...

Such great detail! Very pretty!

Chris said...

Fantastic card Sweetie and I just love the image, I think MJM is so talented! Love your colouring and gorgeous design and the little ducks are so sweet! Hope you're having a lovely time in Dorset. Hugs, Chris xx

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites