I wanted to try one of these shadow box cards. They're lovely to make and can be flattened for the envelope.
This is for a seven year old girl, but she's not girly girl, so I went for soft colours and not pinks! She happened to get a new kitten for her birthday so what better image! Here's a detail of my dimensional paper piecing, just can't get enough of that!
Paper: Cosmo Cricket QVC TSV
Die's: Nestabilities - Circles. Sizzix - Trixie girl alphabet. Butterfly punch
Stamps: Sugar Nellie - Sweet Ebony, Kitty. PTI - sentiment
Ink: Versafine - Black, Copic sketch markers.
Other: Sakura gel pens, Scrapbook Adhesives Mounting Squares, Glossy accents, Adhesive gems.
This is just a little tutorial...
1. Cut 2 patterned papers 14.5 x 14.5 cm and score at 1cm and 2cm on each edge. On front die cut circle and (you could die cut smaller circle from separate piece to create a frame).
2. Stamp Image on to white card and using copic markers colour the head, hands and feet. Then using the black ink, stamp different parts of the image on scraps of patterned paper
3. Next cut out each stamped section, then layer image using 3d foam and glue to create Dimensional paper piecing. Highlight with pens and glitter to finish.
4. Die cut sentiment, edge with glitter pen add a few flowers from kit. Attach to back of card with 3d foam, decorate with gems.
5. Punch butterflies and decorate, Stamp sentiment and add pretty gems. Then adhere front and back panel together with double sided tape on to edges! 3D box card can be flattened for posting!
Thanks for stopping by and for all your congrats, I'm still over the moon! HuGs Kim x