Sunday, March 16

New Home

This is to cover two challenges, the new cute card blog and papertake...

Challenge #1 - New Beginnings
To celebrate the launch of our new challenge blog we would like you to use the theme of new beginnings or 1st's. This could be new baby, new home,new job, wedding or anything else 'new' or any other 1st you can think of.





Firstly I think the little house is very cute and the background paper is also on the cute side. It's for a couple moving to a new house and so I thought I would include their initials.

I have stamped the house on patterned paper and pieced with thin 3d foam. The windows I've added clear glaze but it's impossible to see in pic.


I thought I would have a go at the frame tutorial but instead of the square I went for an oval. After cutting the file folder I used oval nestatability put it through with embossing rubber and created the frame by cutting more diagonals. Cut the scallop frame with nestabilities to hide all the cuts then stamped swirl and positioned house insert.

By using the file folder I didn't need to cover the back... it went straight onto the backing paper, which I finished with faux stitching and eyelets!


click to enlarge





So thanks for stopping by, Hope you had a good weekend, HuGs Kim x

13 comments:

Andrea, said...

Fabulous new home card, love the papers.
Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Anonymous said...

Very cute card.. love it :)

Marlene x

Sandy said...

Wow really really wonderful card. So cute. Love it.

Conibaer said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!!!

Zimtschnecke said...

Such a cute new home card! I love the details! =)

debby4000 said...

Great cute home card,love the personal details makes it more special.

stampingbalou said...

Kim - your card is just stunning, what a fabulous home card, love all your details !

Anonymous said...

WOW - stunning! :)

Vanessa.

Frances said...

very cute! love all the details and personal touches.

Mrs Mayne said...

Great card! I love the way you've put it together and the little details like the initails! Fab! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

Deb said...

Fantastic card, I love the house stamp and the frame you created, gorgeous!

thank you so much for joining in our 1st CCT challenge

Debx

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

what a wonderful card design - perfect.

Jilli said...

Fab card!

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites