Thursday, November 14

Introducing ~ Paperbabe Stamps November Release

Good morning, have you like me been hiding indoors with all the freaky hail stones this month?
Today over on the Paperbabe Stamps blog we are introducing new Stamps and Mixed Media Templates.

This is the 3/4 view version of the dinky female face, the perfect pose for so many projects. I think most portraits have the face slightly angled, it shows a lovely natural look. I have been really looking forward to showing these off!!! 

Here's goes, onto some samples...
  This card features the whimsical waves, so flowy, inspired by my original drawing of Maoleidigh. I opted for copics onto kraft cardstock, it's a bit of a hit and miss with the colours showing up but I do love the finished look. 
Copics List ~ Face: E0000, 00, 04, 31, R00, 02, RV91, B60. Eyes: B01, N3, W8. Hair: BV23, V12, 15.
 I die cut an oval from a sheet of mylar, to use as a stencil to create this oval for her to sit in. I decided to have some of her hair falling out of the frame.
 The background I used the yummiest of Spica copic pens, in mint, love the look.
 It's hard to see but I went around the edge in gold ink, it's much more noticeable in real life.

Next...
 I love this micro fringe, reminds me of the very elegant Audrey Hepburn or more funky like Uma Thurman (pulp fiction) or Audrey Tautou (Amélie)
 The weather did not help photo taking this week... I used a grey tone for her skin, wanted that pencil look, not sure it is showing like that in the photos though.
 I have heat embossed the crown in gold embossing powder to hide the big blobs of copic ink that decided to drop onto my project. I think you can just see two funny blobs behind the crown, but I guess you probably won't have seen it unless I said anything lol. The template is perfect to mask my girl ready for some background stamping using the isometric fun stamp set with a few features gold embossed too.

And last project for today anyway...
 I've been enjoying making myself these large stickers, they're a great little project, they can be any size really, you could make just heads or add torso's and have fun with experimenting with colours too. Plus they can be used in your planner or art journal, mixed media creations whenever they're needed.
 Here is the messy buns template, the 'bun' is separate so you can add as many or as few as you wish, or add them to some other hairstyle. It's completely up to your creative imagination.
 I've used it with the cute pixie ear face stamp. I chose to use my copics with a darker skin palette, 
Copic List ~ Face: YR31, E21, 25, 27, 59. Hair: W10, E49. The sticker paper doesn't do very well with blending, but a reasonable result, they're still very addictive!

Do visit the rest of the team to see their amazing creations...




Thanks so much for stopping by, 
Enjoy a wonderfully creative day ♥ and
hope to see you tomorrow for more introductions...
HuGs Kim x





No comments:

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites