Friday, July 8

Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #37 ~ Art Doll

Good Morning...

Here's my latest project for the current challenge over on the Paperbabe Stamps blog...
I wanted to try my face stamps on fabric and what better way than an adorable Alice doll?
I used a calico (cotton) fabric for the base of my doll, I've used the same inks I usually do, Memento luxe and versafine, they seem to be water tight when dry so I'm a happy bunny. I've used a little copic marker and posca pen to add those extra details.
her hair I'm not overly happy with it certainly does need some work, I think I need to spend some time experimenting a little more. It's funny but my Alice is still the brunette from the 70s lol.
I have given her stripey legs, instead of the extra work of trying to make long socks and her adorable shoes are simply painted with some black acrylic paint.

Now what Alice would be complete without a little friend? hahaha
So I was on the lookout for a flamingo statue, taxidermy thing for my darling sis and came across this Flamingo sewing pattern and decided it would be so much better than anything shop bought...
How Cute?
I found some pink silk velvet, the yummiest fabric ever, it feels divine and I like the difference it makes.
It's quite tall, taller than Alice in fact, but they seem pretty happy...
So, there she is, I will work on the doll pattern if anyone is interested?
Female Face Mini Stamp Set - Paperbabe Stamps - Clear Photopolymer Stamps - For paper crafting and scrapbooking.Profile Face Mini Stamp Set - Paperbabe Stamps - Clear Photopolymer Stamps - For paper crafting and scrapbooking.
Thanks so much for stopping by,
Enjoy a wonderfully creative weekend!
HuGs Kim x

No comments:

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites