Monday, January 24

Simon Says Stamp & Show... A Childhood Memory...

So, this week's theme at Simon Says Stamp and Show is....


A Childhood Memory...

One of many childhood memories was my sister and myself baking cupcakes with our mum and I always remember my sister calling them fairy cakes(even to this day) LOL!...


 I have used Wendy's magnificent art parts as the base, with yummy graphic 45 steampunk papers...


Well... I have been eager to try some beeswax collage using my wonderful melting pot. It's not very clear in the pictures. I've used the adorable girl from Crafty secrets sweet stuff stamped onto tissue paper and layered within the beeswax. You will also spot quite a few of Wendy's Studio 490 stamps too.


The rose was created from Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die, is coloured with Pine needles distress inks and a little mini mister spray of gold perfect pearls.


the cup cake is in Rusty Hinge and I've added stickles, then covered with glossy accents. The old text print papers I have die cut for fairy wings and coated in wax. I had to include a little bottle of fairy dust sparkle... very tricky to photograph.


Most of the edges are highlighted with gold paint dabber and an ideo-ology D-ring for hanging.

Hope it inspires and why not pop round the rest of the team to see one of their childhood memories!!!

THE director ~ Linda Elbourne 

Thanks for stopping by have a wonderfully creative day!
BiG HuGs Kim :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful work Kim!

Nancy Wethington said...

I love this and the story about *fairy cakes*. The beeswax was a perfect addition.

Dan said...

Wonderful! I'm loving the extra views, which really show all the work and thought that you put into this! :)

Juls said...

this is gorgeous! Hugs Juls

Ellis said...

It looks wonderful! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Sherman Unkefer said...

Fantastic work Kim! Love your project!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

You are definitely the Technique Queen, Kim! The beeswax collage is fabulous and I love the childhood memories behind it. Your embellishments are over-the-top amazing too!

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites