Friday, August 26

You Are Magical ~ Seventies Vibe

 Thanks for joining me...

Here's a magical doll card for the current paperbabe stamps anything goes challenge...

I had a total flashback to the seventies with my card, so as I was clearing a space to create and while putting bits away I got completely distracted by my paper stash and so when I rediscovered this vintage nonsense stack by WeR Memory Keepers well the rest just evolved from there.
I've used the doll body for the torso and the extra hole pieces I kept aside for flower centres. On Bristol watercolour card I cut the 3/4 view right head die and torso, then I've inked with ripe persimmon, crushed olive, and speckled egg distress oxides, next I stamped the face with the same distress inks and spritzed with water to get a nice inky look. I then went in with the face stamp again in black ink and defined a few areas with a paint brush and added a few details with the stamps from the hands set.
Her hair was so fun to create using the Willow template, cut out in brown cardstock and covered in super cute flowers, using the Potpourri die in matching cardstock, some of the centres were from the set and a few were from the body die.
I finished off the card with the Handwritten Stamp Set in white embossing on acetate as I didn't want to cover the rainbow. I had a couple of these go in the bin as I had a few issues with the double sided black foam sheets shifting in the die cutting machine.

I would love to enter my make in these challenges...

Pennys challenge ~ AG Using Paper
Art Impressions ~ Lots of dies and stamps on mine
Avenue 613 ~ Anything Goes
Arty Divas ~ Anything Goes
Addicted to stamps ~ Lots of marks
Snarky stampers ~ O is for old paper (vintage in fact)
Creative fingers ~ Anything Goes
Daring cardmakers ~ Old paper from long ago/long rainbow
DVArtist ~ Friday Face Off



---------- ~ • ~ ---------- ~ ♥ ~ ---------- ~ • ~ ----------

links...

---------- ~ • ~ ---------- ~ ♥ ~ ---------- ~ • ~ ----------

Thank you so much for stopping by,
Enjoy a wonderfully creative
weekend ♥ HuGs Kim x

15 comments:

Vicki said...

Fabulous! Amazing design and paper piecing. Love the colors. Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create's August, "Anything Goes" Challenge.

DVArtist said...

She is beautiful. Please consider linking to my Friday Face Off. Have a lovely, magical weekend.

ÅsaJ said...

FAB card! Thanks for joining ATSM! Hugs Åsa

Renee Matarese said...

Your card is certainly going to brighten someone's day! Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions. ~Renee

Chana Malkah said...

I just LOVE how this image is colored! Very nicely done!

Thanks for hanging out on our front porch at 613 Avenue Create !
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
A Place to Start , Challenge Blog
613 Avenue Create , Challenge Blog

My name is Erika. said...

That is one fantastic face Kim.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a beautiful face. I love the retro feel to the flowers and how you positioned them in her hair. A really stunning card and a genuine beauty. Nice match for FFO.



Angelnorth said...

Hi Kim, lovely to see you popping up at DCM! I was expecting “long neck” for your connection to the theme — fabulous card, definitely has a 70s vibe about it. The flowery hair looks fantastic! Thanks for joining us this week at Daring Cardmakers!

JulieP said...

I LOVE how you did her hair!!! Very creative and certainly vintage...aka, old. :-) Thanks so much for taking on our challenge here at the Sisterhood!

Kate said...

I love your Flower Powered Lady! She is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 The Avenue Create! Hope to see you again soon,
Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

Jana Forrest said...

Your card creation is amazing. Absolutely fabulous. Love the hair made with flowers and the papers are just perfect. Thank you for joining us over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, DT~Jana Forrest

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card, Kim! Thanks for playing with the sistahs, Jo x

Donna said...

Ohhhhh this is sooooo amazingly vintage with the 70's vibes!
I am totally diggin it!!!
Thanks for celebrating all things OLD with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!

Miri said...

cool! I love the colours and the 70s vibe (... looooong time ago ;-))! Thanks for sharing your card with the Daring Cardmakers

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow - this is just so stunning. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites