Friday, April 24

Paperbabe stamps Challenges #117 ~ Sketch ~ Tiny Book

Good morning I'm here to share my project for our current challenge over on the Paperbabe Stamps blog...


 I created this teenie tiny accordion book, using the Eileen Hulls cute tiny book die, I've added lots of texture to the cover with some yummy cream paste through the cross hatch stencil onto some cream kraft card.
I then painted the whole cover in black paint and dry brushed some acrylics and added a hint of copper wax to give a smidgen more interest.
 The front image has a pair of hands, which I coloured in copics, holding or sharing a rainbow of love, using an old stamp set for the rainbow. I added a layer of liquid wax first time I've tried this stuff, I think it's fab. The thicker layers seem to create interesting cracks, giving it a wonderful aged look.
The inside is waiting for me... I used the longest side of an A3 and trimmed it down to the height of the book and scored to concertina the cardstock into the width of the book cover. Whats left is a little tab length that I adhered to the inside covers and painted it black to disappear into the inside cover(if that makes sense?) then I added a second to the other side.


click pictures for direct links...


Thanks for stopping by,
Stay safe and enjoy some creative quarantine time,
HuGs Kim x



1 comment:

eileen hull said...

Kim this is fantastic! Love the subtle neutral background- makes the rainbow really pop! And cool way to do the accordion too 😍

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites