Friday, April 27

Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #72 ~ Anything goes

Can't believe it's been this long since I have posted on here, lots going on behind scenes.
This Fortnight's new challenge is an anything goes so time to have some creative fun! Check out the Paperbabe Stamps blog for details...

Ok onto my project...
I have wanted to do a shaped card for a while and thought the Cat mixed media templates would be perfect for this. 
I started by drawing the front of the cat directly onto some gelli prints I had made, 
I folded the paper on the left side of the drawn cat, I then cut the two layers together leaving a little of the fold to form the hinge. 
I drew the front legs on a separate piece of the gelli print paper as well as the tail, and adhered in place. Everything has had a inky edge treatment with black distress ink.
I stamped the cat face and added details to the paws with black pencil.

click pics for direct links

Enjoy a wonderfully creative weekend
HuGs Kim x


4 comments:

ionabunny said...

Oh my, this is just stunning. I don't really understand how the templates work. Are they like stencils?? I love how you made this. It looks so realistic. Hugz

Kim Costello said...

Thanks Yes they're just like stencils you simply draw around the numbered layers to create a full image... I have a few videos on YouTube that will help explain it better... Search kimpaperbabe ((HuGs))

Kim Costello said...

Thanks Yes they're just like stencils you simply draw around the numbered layers to create a full image... I have a few videos on YouTube that will help explain it better... Search kimpaperbabe ((HuGs))

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I love the sheer brilliance of this Kim, what a super way to bring your mixed media cat to life. I know so many people that would love to receive a card just like this. Amazing background and how you've layered up each element, the limits are endless to how you could personalise this unique design.
I love it!!
Happy Sunday hugs Tracey xx

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites