Thursday, December 17

Paperbabe Stamps Mixed Media Stencils & Winter Fairy Wing Template

We are introducing a new stencil and mixed media template on the Paperbabe Stamps blog today Yay...

Here' my sample...

Ok so I went to town on this one lol, it certainly isn't how I envisioned it turning out, but that is so what the quote is trying to say!!! An Arty adventure indeed, she's grungy and angelic so I'm thinking of her a an urban angel.
I got myself some of those spray Goosebumps and sprayed a generous layer over my watercolour paper before I began. I think I was a little too generous and it looks a little like speckled stone or concrete. It was easy enough to draw over using the templates and stamps, I used a red and orange fine point graphik(current pen addiction) pen for her hair, no penciling first and it worked just fine. I used the same pens to add hair lines throughout.
I used the brown pen in the set with a waterbrush to colour in her skin before stamping her face.
In the background I used a masking fluid pen through the herringbone stencil. Then used the same graphik pens to add splashes and washes and speckles and general explosion of messy colour all over the place. I used one of my all time favourites techniques of heat embossing some flowers in white powder onto tissue, still impressive!!! 
And then the wings... drew around them in a blue ink, secured them in place with a little washi before spritzing some grey ink. I added a little more detail to the lacy edge with pen and painted the whole wing with wink of Stella glitter. I then removed the masking fluid and added some interest to the background with the Art Risks stamp, inking just some of the quote and dotting it randomly.


I'll be back again tomorrow!
Enjoy a wonderfully creative day!
only eight more sleeps eeek I'm a big kid!!!
HuGs Kim x

No comments:

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites