Friday, February 8

Craft Stamper Blog Challenge...


Hi and welcome to the first Craft Stamper Magazine Blog Challenge...

So, here's the details for you to play along...
The challenges will run bi-monthly, on the second Friday of every month. Each challenge will take inspiration from a technique featured in that months Craft Stamper mag.
This first challenge features a faux airbrush technique using Distress Inks, inspired by Jo Allisons project in the March issue- thanks Jo!! Here's my take on it, The aperture I die cut from spellbinders hearts, I used acetate as Jo suggested I also added a little repositional adhesive to the back of mine to make sure that I line up the hearts! I bought a cheap bath sponge to create my faux airbrush and used evergreen bough and peeled paint distress inks. 
 

The scrummy papers are crate paper portrait collection, and I used then to paper piece the acorn. The fabulous stamps are Papersmooches Falling for You, so fun for this sort of valentine's card.


I used spellbinders fancy framed tags two for the sentiment and then to help with my card design I was inspired by the sketch over at...

NOW the really exciting stuff... the winner of the challenge will get their work published in the magazine and will also win a stamp from one of our sponsors, Indigo Blu.


How exciting and you have plenty of time to have a go at faux airbrushing, as the challenge is running for two months, can't wait to see your entries.

Have a wonderfully creative Day
HuGs Kim x

2 comments:

Keren Howell said...

Gorgeous card and a fun challenge! I'm going to get my DI's our and give it a try. Hugs, Keren

Laurie said...

OH I love this card! Such a fun sentiment and great paper piecing too! Thanks for playing along at Retro Sketches this week!

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites