Monday, February 7

Simon Says Stamp & Show ~ Some Embossing...

Good Morning, ooh Monday already, hope you had a fabulous weekend and ready for this week's theme at Simon Says Stamp and Show....

Some Embossing


I have included heat embossing, distress embossing and dry embossing on my card. The ribbon isn't this yellow in real life must be my photography skills LOL!


You may spot too that I have used lots of Wendy Vecchi stamps throughout, with heat embossed edges on these flowers, coloured with distress inks and background stamp.


A stamped butterfly and Tim woodgrain texture fade for some dry embossing. The edges of the patterned paper have been treated with a little frayed burlap distress embossing.


The sentiment from this set was stamped over this Background, the frame was already embossed and so I simply added distress ink directly to it!
Hope it inspires and why not pop round the rest of the team to see some more embossing!!!

THE director ~ Linda Elbourne 

Thanks for stopping by, have a super wonderful creative day!
BiG HuGs Kim :)

8 comments:

Juls said...

wow this is stunning, loving the colours together!! and that rose is amazing!!! Hugs Juls

Lori said...

Wow Kim! I totally LOVE this! That flower, OMG. I am going to post this idea to the EWV yahoo group if you don't mind and point them your direction, I NEVER thought about embossing the flower edge like that, it is SO COOL!

Anonymous said...

I came here after Lori mentioned on the EWV group about your rimming the rose with black EP. All I can say is WOW!
Oh, and I can also say DUH! Why didn't I think of that? LOL!
Beautiful, beautiful piece.

Anonymous said...

Hey there : )
Shopping on the web or in-store? which often would you like? actually wondering lol.. i favor in-store because i hate expecting it to arrive!
Cheers
Olivia

Sandi M said...

Beautiful - the way you've done the flower and the colors of that and the butterfly - WOW!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous work, Kim!! I love the bright vibrant colors and the text background and the sentiment is FAB!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Nancy said...

This is so very pretty, Kim! Makes me think of spring - love it! And your flower - how it pops!! Beautiful!

Isabelle Norris said...

Such a beautiful card Kim !!!
isa

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites