Wednesday, January 14

2S4Y - Ooh La La, Fancy Cake

Over at 2sketches4you this weeks sketch was provided by the talented Laura and I had to have ago. I used some gorgeous October afternoon papers which I have been eyeing all over cards lately! Here's my take on Sketch 17...


This stamp was one of my gift from Katharina, it's such a fun image and I coloured mine with sakura pens, the pastel, glaze and stardust, I blended with the clear glaze and my water brush, I'm quite please with the result as I don't have a vast colour range of pens! You can just make out the sparkle in the close up and after I cut it out I applied glossy accents!
I used some papermania acetate sheet for the tag and very surprised at how beautifully it cut with my nestability dies! I then applied BG rubons and finished with a little bling!


< click on them

Materials:
Paper: October Afternoon -
Daydream collection, heavy weight cartridge, PM - Acetate/acrylic sheet.
Stamps: whiffofjoy -
Fancy Cake,
Die's: Nestabilities - rectangle,
Ink: Versafine - black, sakura - glaze, pastel, stardust,
Other: BG - rubons, glossy accents, American craft ribbon, 3D foam,
Thanks for stopping by, HuGs Kim x

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim Your card is beautiful..love those papaers..Enjoy your Thursday:)~X~

Laura Davis said...

Kim
This is sooo cute! I love that you colored the stamp with Sakura pens!! Beautiful!
Thanks for playing!
Laura

Unknown said...

What a FABulous card, awesome take on Laura's sketch!!

Pam said...

Ooh la la is right - sweet card!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! Love the colors and that yummy cake!

Sammi said...

Ooh lala indeeed!! Gorgeous card Kim!!
Sammi
xxx

Lois E. said...

What a great card! It looks like you could eat the cake. Hope all is well.

Kath Stewart said...

fabulous take on the sketch and I love that cake image...and gorgeous papers
Hugs
kath
xxxx

Lou Sims said...

Oooohhh that cake looks good enough to eat. Great card and loving the sentiment you used.

Kim said...

Gorgeous card Kim! Your blog is wonderful! I have found another place to come and visit now! :) WOW your images on the Basic Grey Challenge blog are FABULOUS! I can't wait to print and color them! You are a very talented girl!!!! Thanks for sharing your artisticness with the rest of us to play with!
Hugs~ Kim

Martha said...

This is a gorgeous card!
Martha

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card love the image its just so sweet and the layout and colours are fab.

Love the blog full of great inspiration will defo be back.

Debbie
:-))

Cassie said...

w.o.w.

you are soooo incredibly talented!! every next card was just drawing out more ooohhhhss and aaaahhhhsss from me!

Cassie said...

w.o.w.

you are soooo incredibly talented!! every next card was just drawing out more ooohhhhss and aaaahhhhsss from me!

All Craft Sites

Since 21.08 You're Number...

Top 40 Arts and Crafts Websites